Profile for Mr. Tim Wilson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Tim Wilson

Mr. Tim Wilson "Tim W" (london)

The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions (Unabridged)
The Art of Thinking Clearly: Better Thinking, Better Decisions (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd
Price: 16.62

2.0 out of 5 stars The voice actor is horrendous!, 6 Dec 2013
This seem like a fairly interesting audio book, but like many audio books, particularly American ones, they get voice actors so annoying that I can't listen to the audio book. In this example this narrator has a terribly pretentious British accent (practically a parody of the accent in combination with the rather stiff way the book is written), with equally cringe worthy attempts at American and other character voices. Absolutely terrible!! I wish I just bought the book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2014 7:23 PM BST

Optoma PICO PK201, 95.8EN01GC0E
Optoma PICO PK201, 95.8EN01GC0E

1.0 out of 5 stars Burn Out, 16 Nov 2013
This was a great little projector until it started melting away. I use it for long periods on, approximately 3-4 hours - before long white dots started to mysteriously appear on my images/videos which I hoped were dust - but unfortunately realised it was the coating on the lens or something that was melting. I now have to scrap this projector as my image is looks like it has been attacked by snow and dirt. Part of me thinks, well I left it on for too long - then the other part thinks, well that is what movie projectors are meant to do... So long story short find another model if you like keeping it on for long periods of time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Oct 2012
Being from American originally I was really missing my mac n cheese - relying on shipments of Velveeta mac and cheese from the parents. Well no more, this tastes even better without all the weird chemicals. I can't recommend highly enough! Delicious.

Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet
Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs urgent improvement, 23 Sep 2010
I bought this even though I read user reviews stating the problems with Bluetooth and the fact the nibs wear out quickly. In the past I have found many of peoples complaints on various items overblown so I bought it anyway. Unfortunately this time the negative claims were pretty accurate. The Bluetooth connection is hopeless to the point I just leave it attached with the usb cord 100% of the time, hugely disappointing considering I paid extra for a feature that doesn't work properly. And the nibs do in fact wear out very quickly, I wore one down to nearly flat in one particularly busy day in the office. Apparently Wacom's official response was that they didn't test the Intuos4 for drawing just basic navigation. This just seem ridiculous, considering the reason people buy a Wacom is to draw with it most of the time. Wacom's excuses in regards to the Bluetooth issue is to pretty much blame the users set up. Both unacceptable...

The Intuos4 should not have been released. It has two serious flaws that should have been fixed before the product ever saw the light of day. Saying that, it looks great and the basic Wacom features are all there and work well. If you can wait until they sort these two issues you would be buying a much better product. If you need this just prepare to buy new nibs and save some money and get the wired version.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2010 9:56 PM GMT

Draper 87942 Bicycle Tool Kit
Draper 87942 Bicycle Tool Kit
Offered by Toolville Limited
Price: 64.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, 9 Nov 2009
I bought this and as soon as I opened it the small screwdriver was spinning in its handle, already broke. The next day after working on a chain, the chain tool broke.

I think that is pretty poor performance for the first two days. However there are quite a few other tools here that could still warrant the purchase due to its current low price, depending on what you need.

I would just like to point out to potential buyers that several tools seem to be of a fairly low quality. I would recommend buying quality individual bike tools if you have a serious job to do.