Profile for Russ > Reviews

Content by Russ

Russ

New Mens CHAMPION Striped Brushed Cotton Knee Length Long sleeved Button Front Nightshirt Nightwear Sleep or Lounge Wear. Dark-Blue L
Offered by i-Smalls Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in every way., 17 Jan. 2016
I bought two, tried them on and was very happy, so washed them straight away as advised. Pleased that there was no shrinkage at all. I was surprised by the quality of the material which is thick, soft and warm and the fit is excellent. I have been thinking about trying a nightshirt for years because I find pyjama trousers uncomfortable. Wished I had bought them sooner. Absolutely brilliant and good value for money.

Brooks England Men's B17 Standard Leather Saddle - Black
Brooks England Men's B17 Standard Leather Saddle - Black
Offered by Sportsandmoreshop

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best.........................., 20 Feb. 2013
Having read all the reviews and being old enough to remember them being popular when I was a boy I decided to buy one in a fit of retro fever. Well, I used Proof hide as directed and on my first ride I thought I had made a big mistake, but by the time I'd done a few miles it was already uncomfortably tolerable. I tried again the next day and decided to slacken off the tension 1/4 of a turn. That did the trick 'Ah better!' after a week doing about 12 miles a day it was fine so I tighten it back up 1/4 turn - still fine. Three months later it's fantastic and seems to get better all the time. I have just bought a second one for my new Ridgeback Panorama I wouldn't bother trying anything else if you do a lot of mileage. I cover about 3000-4000 miles a year.
Brooks B17 Saddle is simply the Best!

Comma MAN700M 700ml Manista Natural Hand Cleanser
Comma MAN700M 700ml Manista Natural Hand Cleanser

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Stuff!, 12 Nov. 2012
I have been using Swarfega for more years than I care to remember but thought I would try this for a change. Well it's bally fantastic! The most efficient hand cleaner I have ever used and it leaves the hands smelling nice. I will never go back to anything else now.

TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps
TomTom Start 25 5 inch Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations!, 16 Oct. 2012
This is my second TomTom, my first was a GO700 which is still going well after 8 years. I changed because I fancied a large screen and the new features. I deleted my old TomTom Home2 site on my computer completely and installed the new one for the Start called 'MyTomTom' which is a free download on the TomTom main site page 'Getting Started'. I would advise you to do the same to avoid any problems if you have a previous TomTom.

My Sat Nav was up to date straight out of the box but I connected it up and it updated the traffic cameras and some shared map info with no problems. You can check if yours is up to date by going to 'settings',then 'me and my device', then 'about my device'. At the time of writing an up Sat Nav will read on the second line (App 12.045.1067676.84 (0) 2041, 19/9/2012 [the date I did it, yours will have a different date of course] OS 1017068. Be warned this is not a fast process even with a Broadband connection!

I really like the 5" screen it's bright and clear and the voice is clear and very loud. The new holder remains with the Sat Nav when you remove it from the windscreen and folds flat - which is a very good idea. If you did have any problems with it, it can be easily removed and cheaply replaced. Putting it on a windscreen and removing it is simplicity itself. Having spoken road names is great and you are sometimes surprised by the fact that you never really knew the name of a road you travelled on for years! Not all the voices work with spoken road names you must choose one that says it speaks street names of which there is only one English one on my Sat Nav (Serena). I found it picks up the satellites very quickly and the speed at which it processes routes is very very good. All the new features are really good and worth having and the Points of Interest are amazing - they even give you the telephone numbers so that you can call to book a table or to check if an item is in stock etc. I was originally frustrated by the fact that it didn't have a battery indicator, so I couldn't tell if it needed to be charged or if it was fully charged, but one suddenly appeared! I don't know whether it came with a download/update or whether it needed a good charge first before it appeared but it's there now - hoorah! I found that the home charger for my Blackberry phone which has a micro connection charges it up perfectly or it can be charged by your computer with the lead supplied in the box.

All in all this is a really excellent Sat Nav and I am absolutely delighted with it. I have no hesitation in recommending it to all those who don't need to use it as a phone; don't want the Live Link traffic updates and get frustrated by voice recognition systems that don't recognise what you say.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2015 7:11 PM BST

Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand
Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand, 13 Sept. 2012
Everything good written above is absolutely true. This is a great product and I wished I have bought one sooner. If, like me you have been hesitating about getting one - then hesitate no longer you won't be disappointed it really is a good piece of kit and folds away easily. If they had only provided it with a easy height adjuster instead of having to use an Allen key it would have got five stars. It's not really that big and issue and there are easy solutions but even for this money it should be there.Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand

Last of the Boy Soldiers
Last of the Boy Soldiers

5.0 out of 5 stars Last of the Boy Soldiers, 24 Aug. 2012
When I bought this book I thought it was a true account but I think it is a work of fiction based on what used to be a national requirement for all fit young men. It is a very interesting and funny book which I really enjoyed reading despite at times, being a little unbelievable. The end came all too quickly. Highly recommended.

SD Tabletwear - Motorola Xoom 2 10.1 Executive Pro Multi-Function Case Luxury Wallet, Cover, Stand, Flip Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 24 Dec. 2011
This is an outstanding piece of kit. Very well made, strong and durable. It offers excellent protection and is perfect for using the Motorola Xoom no matter what you are doing. It is far better that the Motorola version which is selling for £30 in John Lewis. I am very pleased with it and cannot recommend it highly enough.