ARRAY(0xa845ea08)

A. Swan

Antec Fusion Remote Desktop Case - Black
Antec Fusion Remote Desktop Case - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Antec Fusion Black Remote, 4 Jun 2011
The Antec case has provided me with adequate space inside for a very large graphics card and Zalman flower fan. Getting the cables around inside has been fiddly as the power cables for the two case fans are not quite long enough to bypass the CPU fan to reach their terminals on the motherboard - they could do with being a few inches longer to give you room to manouver. The optical drive bay is pretty ingenius as it can be lifted out entierly, however I needed to modify the fascia of my DVD drive so that the case button could reach the drive button - this may not be a problem with all optical drives. The case fans are a bit noisy and I will likely upgrade these in the future. The markings for the two phono ports are extremely faint which, depending on your persuasion could be good or bad. I find it difficult to see which port is which without careful scrutiny, but it does mean the unit looks very classy without pictures drilled into it's surface. The biggest hitch for me is the LCD display wich looks burnt out, as if it has been used for a few years already. I have not raised this issue because frankly, once you've built a computer, having fought with getting the short leads in their best positions, who would want to strip down the unit, to build it again a month later?
The volume button is very tactile and has enough resistance. The remote is function. The feet of the unit and interior sound deadening is generally good and the overall look is excellent. I rate this is the best multi-stack PC case for the money with just a few negatives to be ironed out or ignored by the user. It looks great with my Cambridge amp and Wharefdale speakers.

Samsung YA-SBR510B 3 Channel Surround Sound Speaker System  Bluetooth Wireless Connection
Samsung YA-SBR510B 3 Channel Surround Sound Speaker System Bluetooth Wireless Connection

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I hoped, 1 Aug 2009
The sound started off crackly from the aux input but after a few hours use seemed to disappear. I have not yet been able to get the optical input to work from my computer, neither can I bluetooth pair my Nokia N95. The system isn't gutsy enough to fill more than one room and when turned up close to max, there is noticeable bass distortion. It works best when sat at middling volume where you will want to be closer to the system. Otherwise the sound quality is quite clear and crisp.
The alpha wave is a blue light which flickers, following too many pitches and frequencies of the music to actually resemble levels and is a gimmick.
In all, it's ok. But these kind of speakers are rare with only the Sony that I know of as a real competitor. I think there are much better value alternatives from conventional 2 channel and sub systems. It's greatest asset over a 2 channel and sub is it's portability being only a single unit.

Mastering Advanced English Language (Palgrave Master Series)
Mastering Advanced English Language (Palgrave Master Series)
by Sara Thorne

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all encompassing book of English, 26 May 2009
I was greatly suprised by the coverage of this book. First off, the chapters on language and word classes are in depth and comprehensive. Some areas are left a little ambiguous and not all areas have good enough examples; some forms of verbs I am yet to grasp because of the lack of depth.
Later chapters then look at the way language is used in a variety of mediums from poetry and literature to politics and journalism. If you are writing a paper on the stylistics of a contemporary format then this is indispensible.
It works very well for me as I will be using it to structure some taught classes following some of the ideas in this text; especially the Journalism chaper which has an indepth coverage of the format.
I would recomend this book to both language and literature learners and would encourage really reading and learning from the book rather than looking for quick answers as so much can be taken from this.