Profile for Lisas > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bench Funnel Neck E Women's Fleece Jacket with a Stand-Up Collar - Brown, XL
Bench Funnel Neck E Women's Fleece Jacket with a Stand-Up Collar - Brown, XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality but very small fitting, 14 Feb 2014
Really stylish, soft fleece, the velcro neck wrap part is great! However, really glad I took heed of other reviewers saying this was a small fitting garment - I am normally a size 14 on top and so ordered an extra large, which is VERY snug! Shame they don't make them even bigger and size them more accurately as it seems unfair that anyone above what I consider to be a fairly average size (myself) would miss out on a great product! Also, love the colour I ordered but more down to good luck than judgement as it is more taupe beige than the 'brown' of the description. Having looked at other colours (yes, I would consider getting another one in a different colour, despite the slightly high price in my opinion), I suspect care needs to be taken if you want this item to match other stuff, as I think colour representation on the amazon website may not be that great in this instance.

VEO Blue Ultra Slim Full Body Smart Case Cover for The New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, great service!, 14 Feb 2014
This case is very good value, tough and protective, looks smart, like the colour (blue) which is well represented in the picture on the amazon website. Service from jammy lizard via purplemoose007 was also excellent, my order arrived promptly, well packaged in a funky clear case within good, protective outer packing - hence the five stars! Would definitely recommend this product and would go out of my way to order jammy lizard products from purplemoose007 again in future.

Breakout
Breakout

4.0 out of 5 stars good compilation, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Breakout (Audio CD)
As a reminder of the eighties and Swingout Sister, I bought this at a very cheap price and was pleasantly surprised that the well known singles such as Breakout and Fooled by a Smile weren't the only decent tracks. My particular other favourite is Am I the Same Girl? and overall I would describe this album as pleasant, easy listening background music with a twist. If you liked Swingout Sister back in the day, this would be a good buy and if you don't really know them but are curious, this is a reasonable compilation covering their shortlived lifespan as a band.

International Garden Photographer of the Year (Kew Gardens)
International Garden Photographer of the Year (Kew Gardens)
by Murdoch Books

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful bargain, 19 Dec 2012
I bought this as a present and think it is very good value for money with some stunning photos in, not least the one on the front cover. If you are interested in photography and gardens, this is the book for you! Five years worth of the best photos from the IGPOTY competitions make for a lovely collection.

The Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer
The Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer
by Dave Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars such an inspiring read, 19 Dec 2012
This is a very readable account of very exciting happenings in Wales, I loved the (true) story and the style. Roy Godwin's humility is inspiring and right from the start, his honesty and frankness are apparent. The encouragement of listening to, hearing and eventually obeying God but then questionning why you are where you are and how He can do what seems impossible in that place, only to have such amazing answers to prayer, is a real reminder that we think way too small. I would encourage anyone to read this book, especially if they are feeling bogged down or need a lift or a reminder to keep looking up.

The Abbey Road Sessions
The Abbey Road Sessions
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars like like like, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Abbey Road Sessions (Audio CD)
Saw Kylie perform one of the songs from this album on tv and liked it so was inspired to buy the cd. It's really good! Standout tracks for me are On a Night Like This and Never Too Late but all the songs have been given a decent makeover and she does actually sound good. Much prefer this to her usual style but that's probably just me.

The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness
The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness
by Timothy J. Keller

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 19 Dec 2012
This is basically a written down sermon on the principle of self forgetfulness which I found very clear, succint and helpful. It has informed my prayers since and got me thinking more deeply about how and why we need to move away from comparison of ourselves with others, whether that be in a positive or negative way. I would recommend it to any Christian.

Humility: The Journey Toward Holiness: The Journey Towards Holiness
Humility: The Journey Toward Holiness: The Journey Towards Holiness
by Andrew Murray

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain!, 19 Dec 2012
This arrived swiftly and in perfect condition. I haven't finished reading it yet but would recommend it anyone interested in such a fundamental subject as Murray is full of pearls of wisdom.

For Noble Purposes: The Autobiography of Richard Porter - Surgeon and Evangelist
by R. W. Porter

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting life, 19 Dec 2012
I was interested to read this for personal reasons and ordered it at a very reasonable price, however it did take a while to arrive (from the States I think). But still within the given time. I am still reading it but finding it an interesting insight in to a seemingly humble and inspirational man's life.

Digging Your Scene: The Best of The Blow Monkeys
Digging Your Scene: The Best of The Blow Monkeys

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 19 Dec 2012
During my recent 80s throwback phase I ordered this as I only had a Blow Monkeys lp and no record player to listen to it. I was surprised by how many great songs the Blow Monkeys had produced, meaning that both of the 2 cds have some really good tunes on them and are an enjoyable listen.

Page: 1 | 2