Profile for P. Madsen > Reviews

Content by P. Madsen

P. Madsen (Odense, Denmark)

Hail To The Thief
Hail To The Thief
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I hated it!!!!!!!, 16 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Hail To The Thief (Audio CD)
Yep. Thats what I did. It took me 8-10 listenings before I saw it for what it is - a true masterpiece. Its amazing. So many layers, great lyrics. And "where I end and you begin" is now officially my favorite track of all time.
My advice before you rate this album : listen to it about 10 times.

Xbox Fibre Optical Cable
Xbox Fibre Optical Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars The ability to have my games in 5.1 dolby surround, 4 Jun. 2003
Well, who wouldn't give 5 stars for that?

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great online experience, 4 Jun. 2003
If this game wasn't liveenabled (Xbox internetportal) I would rate it 4/5. Its fun. graphics are okay and the story decent. I especially like all the secrets in the game. Note that you can play through the singleplayergame in splitscreen coopmode (yep two players). You cannot save though, but have the ability to choose each level once you complete them as singleplayer. This means that in coopmode youll have to play an entire level, unless you want your progress in that particular level to be lost.
What gives this game the last star (and very deserved) is the ability to play on xbox live. Here the game shines. The multiplayer maps are excellent with a lot of combinations. Objectives are the most fun. These involve among others picking up the enemies documents and transmitting them before the enemy gets to you. The framerate never dips when playing on the net, which it sometimes does in the regular game (very odd).
With a downloadspeed of 128 and upload 64 I expected some degree of lag. Not so. It takes me max 5 minutes to find a good server and they typical remain for an average of several hours. I can even play against 15 opponents lagfree. Kudos to the programmers. Their is at times a LOT going on at the same time.
The past 4 nights I went to bed when the light of dawn appeared. To me, a game has never been that involving and that playable before, and I have played a good many games. I recommend it, especially if you have Xbox Live.

Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, ecxellent atmosphere, 10 April 2003
I personally enjoyed this game much more than Splinter Cell. The storyline is surprising and even art. The atmosphere is intense and bullettime is just a great feature.

Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, ecxellent atmosphere, 10 April 2003

The Thin Red Line
The Thin Red Line

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack if you loved the movie, 1 Mar. 2003
This review is from: The Thin Red Line (Audio CD)
Would have given this 5 stars if some of the lines from the movie had been included like "if i never meet you in this life let me fell the lack".
As it is it is a great classical CD. I use it for meditation or when i am in a mood for philosphy.

Xbox Console
Xbox Console

5.0 out of 5 stars PS2 is inferior, 20 Nov. 2002
This review is from: Xbox Console (Video Game)
I played the ps2 and loved the games. resident evil, tomb raider, driver, silent hill. these are exellent games with excellent graphics. But the great got greater with X-box.
The difference in graphics is overwhelming.
the aspect of using my X-box as a jukebox is great.
the games coming out now are apsolutely spiffin.
X-box live seems to be on a roll.
there is no doubt in my mind. Xbox is the best console out at the moment with a dedicated firm to back it up.
If you consider buying a console i would, with the weighty words of an old gamer, recommend X-box. Any different console, in the long run, seems like a waste money.......