Profile for Rowena T > Reviews

Content by Rowena T

Rowena T "Winewomanandsong" (Bucks UK)

Page: 1 | 2
MAKARTT® Universal Nail Polish Holder Storage Organizer for 48 Bottles Space Saver Humanized Adjustable Dividers Double Sides (White)
Offered by Fashion Topro

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for purpose, 3 Feb. 2016
Ideal for storing nail varnish. However it only holds 48 if you take out the side walls. They were useful for nail art equipment, but still a good purchase. Went and ordered a second as I had a few more nail varnishes than I realised.

1965 Vintage Year - 51st Birthday Gifts / Presents Mens T-Shirt Royal Blue M
1965 Vintage Year - 51st Birthday Gifts / Presents Mens T-Shirt Royal Blue M
Offered by My Generation Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pressie, good quality, 20 Jan. 2016
Fantastic t-shirt, fit is good and it washes well. Perfect for my husband's 50th birthday as a fun present. Better quality than I expected and the print is clear.

Inside Tracks: The Mix Tape - James Rhodes
Inside Tracks: The Mix Tape - James Rhodes

3.0 out of 5 stars Musically challenging, 20 Jan. 2016
I purchased this at the same time as his excellent autobiography. Unfortunately, despite what he has achieved during his life I felt the music had no emotions. As a musician myself I hoped for more

Rodial Exclusive Hand and Lip Kit
Rodial Exclusive Hand and Lip Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jan. 2016
I purchased these products as Rodial have a good reputation. They were on offer.
I'm a musician so battle with chapped lips constantly. The lip balm is runny and highly fragrances. It doesn't last long and reapplication has to be regular.
I also purchased, at the same time, but direct the Creme de la mer lip balm. I agree this is significantly more expensive but I only need apply about 3 x a day, rather than hourly.
The hand cream is ok, nothing special and also quite highly scented.
If you like Rodial products then this set is good value for money, but the lip balm has gone in my bin.

Nautical Chart Guide
Nautical Chart Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 9 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Nautical Chart Guide (App)
This app only opens in a Cyrillic language. I've tried to report it, but can't leave a message

The Ballet Book
The Ballet Book
by Darcey Bussell

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Ballet Book (Paperback)
This may be a good Dvd but I was expecting a lesson for beginners, especially with close ups on where you should put your feet. In just over 30 mins this goes from barre exercises to pirouettes and fast movements. I expected much more of a lesson than a demonstration.

Derwent A4 Pastel Paper Pad, 24 Sheets of Neutral Grey, Acid Free 200gsm Paper
Derwent A4 Pastel Paper Pad, 24 Sheets of Neutral Grey, Acid Free 200gsm Paper

2.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal for pastels, 27 Nov. 2014
Disappointing as this is smooth paper not ideal for pastel. It is part of a gift for someone who has never used pastels before so should be ok. It may be ok for pastel pencils but I haven't ever used them preferring soft pastels.

Yousave Accessories Tough Mesh Combo Silicone Cover Case for Sony Xperia Z - Black/Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Appearances can be deceptive, 27 Nov. 2014
I purchased this a few months ago as I had dropped my phone and needed something to protect the glass at the back. Initially I was impressed, it fits well and looks ok although it does bulk the phone up.
Unfortunately last week the rubber surround gave up at the top, not even an area I use. Worse followed as the plastic then snapped in the same area.

It is cheap but should last the life of the phone. I'm not a heavy user and my phone mainly stays in a pocket so I am disappointed. Will continue looking for something that does the job it's meant to

Within
Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Within (Audio CD)
Ian has almost single handed changed flute playing, at least in the UK. I know others have challenged the range and styles the flute can be played in but Ian has made it fun and aspirational.
I purchased this album several years ago and almost immediately purchased more for my flute students. It, along with the equally brilliant Deep Blue is the gift of choice when students move on.
I particularly enjoy showing the fabulous trill in Great Train Race as an example of good breath control. Each piece though has a story and this album should be mandatory for all flute students.
The extended techniques are demonstrated by Ian without making the composition just about them.

My best advice buy this album, Deep Blue and whenever you get an opportunity to see Ian play live, do it! I have several students completely determined to learn any piece by Ian and this makes it easy to introduce new techniques .

Preludes - Books 1 and 2
Preludes - Books 1 and 2
by Claude Debussy

5.0 out of 5 stars Durand edition, 7 April 2011
The Durand edition of the Debussy Preludes is probably recognised as the best. This is beautifully finished and discusses the preludes.

I would recommend this but - be sure to buy from Amazon - I got it for under half price, and this really makes the edition worthwhile.

Enjoy!