Profile for grahamg > Reviews

Upcycling: Create Beautiful Things with the Stuff You Already Have
by Danny Seo
Price: 12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pages, 31 Dec 2013
Can't say much as I bought it as a present. However, I did flick through it and it has a good mix of projects including a few blokey bits.

Fifty Sheds of Grey (Fifty Sheds 1)
Fifty Sheds of Grey (Fifty Sheds 1)
Price: 0.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Very salacious, 31 Dec 2013
I read the original and this is just as good. Having just finished a new shed in my garden, this has given me so extra ideas. I'm talking about curtains of course.

High Comfort Headset with Microphone and Volume Control
High Comfort Headset with Microphone and Volume Control
Offered by elevenfirst
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 31 Dec 2013
I found I needed the volume control in the headphone lead, up full or the sound was too quiet. Otherwise just the biz.

The Last Letter from Your Lover
The Last Letter from Your Lover
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 31 Dec 2013
Beautifully crafted prose. Enjoyed every page. Recommended it to my daughter. I'm a bloke and so I'm not supposed to read this sort of thing.

CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply
CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 31 Dec 2013
Just done a like for like replacement. Old one went up in smoke. I think it might have been damamged by local voltage surges.
New one does the biz.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent tale, 9 April 2013
Fascinating idea for a story. Keeps your interest all the way through. Couldn't put it down. Maybe a tad too long

The Mill on the Floss
The Mill on the Floss

4.0 out of 5 stars Get's better as it proceeds, 6 July 2012
I got tired of all these erudite folk who instantly recall every phrase from every book they've ever read and so I thought I would try to catch up by soaking up some classics. The Mill on the Floss pops up quite often as an answer to literary quiz questions so I thought I would start there.
As a digital download, you don't get the initial impression of how weighty a tome this is. Reading a chapter per night, after a while, you do start to wonder if you are going to live long enough. However, that said, it starts to get really gripping about a quarter of the way in. A lot of the early chapters involve characters speaking in 'rustic prose' and it's a bit more taxing to read. But after that it becomes easier and Eliot (yes it is spelt like that) excels at describing the psychology of the characters involved.
The basic story is about the life and times of the Tulliver family who start off owning the Mill on the Floss. Their travails under a weight of misfortune and their emergence from therein forms the mainstay of the story. I still haven't finished it but I try to get two chapters in each evening now and I feel a rising sense of optimism as I near the end of the book. I hope it ends well or I shall have to have a deep sigh.
Give it a go; you'll love it.