Profile for CAPITAL ONE PREMIER > Reviews

Content by CAPITAL ONE PR...

CAPITAL ONE PREMIER

Wild Evil
Wild Evil

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeh, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wild Evil (MP3 Download)
Got this after I bought their latest album Coco's corner, it's as good. Stones at times Desert sands.Steal your soul but that's good. Give this band a try you'll be surprised

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this little gem, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (MP3 Download)
I have to say although I like Dr Feelgood and The Who I wouldn't have bought this album. But having read a review in classic rock mag giving it 9 out of ten I thought well it's only a fiver lets give it a try. Well I'm glad I did. It's brilliant can't stop playing it. All the songs are Wilco's that he wrote for Feelgood with the exception of a Dylan cover which I'd never heard before. Every track is full of great Wilco guitar licks and sassy harmonica which I love. But the bonus on this album is Daltery. He sings Wilco's songs like a man reinvented. The Who were never like this. It's a piece of Rock n Roll and Harmonica heaven. Short but full of toe tapping tracks. Even the ballad Turned 21 a song about lost youth is good. I recommend this album if you like Feelgood but even if you don't give it a try you'll be pleasantly surprised
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 8:09 PM BST

Coco 'S Corner
Coco 'S Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Moly this is great, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Coco 'S Corner (MP3 Download)
Heard the track Howl from a classic rock cd and loved it, got the album and I'm hooked. Stoney's at times but what's wrong with that. Loved the blues tracks Holy Moly and Cold blood blues, but all the tracks are great. I also recommend Wild Evil the album before this.

Back to Forever [Explicit]
Back to Forever [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album from Ellie's mate, 2 Mar 2014
Came across this lass from a Classic Rock revue. I have to say I'm very impressed with this album. I thought she'd be a bit poppie but this is a grown up album. Her voice is lovely, at times she sounds like Stevie Nicks but this is no copycat Lissie is her own girl, the songs are strong and lyrical, I recommend this album, if you're not sure go on You tube and listen to the vids 4 of these songs are on. Also great covers like Metalica's Nothing else matters. Her mate Ellie Goulding gets all the awards, Lissie is as good if not better, yeh she's that good.

All Hell Breaks Loose
All Hell Breaks Loose

4.0 out of 5 stars Great rock album, 17 Jun 2013
Great album, it was meant to be the next Thin Lizzy album and you can tell. It has the Lizzy sound all over it. Hell even the vocals sound like Phil Lynott, Having said its all about the songs and I like them all. Great sound good production by the man behind Bonamassa.

Blak And Blu
Blak And Blu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just a blues album, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Blak And Blu (Audio CD)
I was a little disappointment when I first heard this album. I was looking forward to a new blues guitarist playing the blues that's not what I got. Don't get me wrong there are some great songs on here Bright Lights, Travis County stand out but there is a lot of R&'B and even hip op running along side Jimi Hendrix.
I get the feeling our Gary hasn't decided which team to play for. Still great vocals, he has a great blues voice just doesn't do enough blues, great player though nice tone on the heavier stuff, Classic guitar gave this 10 out of 10, that's why I bought it, it's no turkey but I'd try and give it a few listens before you decide to purchase.

Diary of a Soul Fiend
Diary of a Soul Fiend

4.0 out of 5 stars Good first album, 11 Mar 2013
First heard this band on The Classic Rock awards and I have to say I liked them straight away. Of course these days you here a song you like and within minutes the whole album is on your iPod. On first listen you here The Black Crowes Sting Me, only obviously it's not, Soul on Fire sits between the stones and the faces, I love the keyboards mingling in with the guitars, the riff takes off in Stones style and we're off and running.
These guys have been listening to The Crowes as The Garden of Eden kicks off like a track off their debut Money Maker, of course there is nothing wrong with this as it rocks. Little queen struts along as to does Pleased to meet you.
Then into the ballads. Angel, Down this road, Down and out, Rivers and streams, all good but too many for an album with only 10 tracks. Back to the rock then and a funky Parallel Life, then Southern Belle which reminds me of Bad Company. So in general a good debut, I believe the band are to release a new album in March 2013, look forward to that. Like to see them live, the singer Lynne Jakamann is a babe, great singer to, sounds like a little like Grace Potter at times. Good starter next time fewer ballads please.