Profile for Evans19 > Reviews

Rome: Total War (PC)
Rome: Total War (PC)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars There is nothing like it!, 23 Jun 2005
This review is from: Rome: Total War (PC) (Video Game)
I may only be young but this game is excellent.
I've played what feels like millions of strategy and action games but this one is about 3 times better than any i've even seen before.
Graphics in the battle is breathtaking, the campaign map is detailed and interesting yet easy to use and the use of morale is great. I've played Shogun and Medieval total war but both just don't come close to providing the gaming experience that Rome does.
It offers realistic battle situations by allowing the proper use of a combined force of cavalry, infantry and missile troops; even assign grouped formations that allow flexible military tactics
I am currently playing the Total realism campaign, it just gets better and BETTER!!
Blockade ports, seige the enemy out, assault a fortified town or ambush a huge army with a relatively insignificant force and still have men left over. I am not exaggerating the greatness of this game, it's stunning.
If you have any sense buy this game.
I also can't wait for the Barbarian invasion expansion that's coming out in November; Night battles that lower morale and missile effectiveness amonsgst improvements to the already relatively clever AI system and multiplayer gaming and more diverse campaign options: bring the mighty empires of Rome to their knees by controlling huge masses of snarling barbarians or fend off the neverending hordes ranging from gallic tribes to Hun raiding forces.
Anybody who has ever played a strategy game or enjoys history or anybody will literally fall in love with this game, there just won't be enough hours in the day to play this game. I go to bed planning my strategy for the following day (yes I know that's sad) but it's just that good.
BUY THIS GAME