Profile for JJ > Reviews

Content by JJ

JJ "Jackie J" (Colchester England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Nonesuch
The Nonesuch
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heyer fan, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Nonesuch (Kindle Edition)
I think this is possibly one of my favourite Heyer novels. Improbable and romantic. Just perfect as an antidote to real life.

Car boot liner cover for dogs 4x4 estate Dog pet matt
Car boot liner cover for dogs 4x4 estate Dog pet matt
Offered by 2wheel4
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs in car problem, 14 Nov 2013
The liner is a good size, but hard to fit and keep in place. I think this is more to do with lack of anchor sites in the boot to fix the liner to. There are some stick-on velcro strips, but they came off after 1 minute. I am currently trying double sided carpet tape, but have only had this for one day, so not sure if it will work. (It didn't want to stick in the early morning when the car was freezing cold.) I have also noticed a small hole in the liner, made by dogs trying to dig through, so perhaps it could be tougher.

The Plantagenets: The Kings Who Made England
The Plantagenets: The Kings Who Made England
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be used in schools, 3 Sep 2013
This is a fascinating subject in its own right, but I found this book to be such compulsive reading I couldn't put it down. It makes me want to read more about each monarch and more about the times in which they lived. I found myself understanding if not empathising with each one. It gives real insight into political change and the first steps on the road to our present form of government and laws. Highly recommended.

PetGear by Happy Pet Front Seat Cover
PetGear by Happy Pet Front Seat Cover
Price: 14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Car protection at it's best., 1 Aug 2013
This is a brilliant product. The cover slips over my car seats easily and covers them completely, front and very importantly, back too. No fiddling about under car seats trying to attach bits of elastic which never reach, no tearing down the sides as you wrestle it over the headrests and wider than average sides to the car seat and best of all, no stupid gap at the rear of the seat for mud and fur to work its way through. Looks claw resistant and wee and sick proof too! Worth every penny.

Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison
Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Agatha again., 1 Aug 2013
I always enjoy reading about Agatha's amatuer exploits, except that in this one she has turned professional. Still using her battering ram tactics to get to the truth, putting herself and others in danger and hoping for romance. Good stuff.

Gently Through the Mill (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Gently Through the Mill (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Price: 4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read., 1 Aug 2013
I found this one a bit hard to follow. Maybe it was me not concentrating, but I was confused a lot of the time. Still a quality crime novel as are all the Gently books.

CE MAINS HOME CHARGER FOR AMAZON KINDLE Wi-Fi 6" E INK DISPLAY
CE MAINS HOME CHARGER FOR AMAZON KINDLE Wi-Fi 6" E INK DISPLAY
Offered by tanco Impex
Price: 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle charger, 1 Aug 2013
This is a brilliant little device that saves having to turn on the computer every time you want to re-charge your Kindle. Perfect.

Bling Jewelry 925 Silver Emerald Cut Sapphire Color CZ 3 Stone Engagement Ring
Bling Jewelry 925 Silver Emerald Cut Sapphire Color CZ 3 Stone Engagement Ring

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this item., 14 July 2013
I bought this ring as it has a large, beautiful stones which are really eye catching. It looks expensive, but wasn't, so it won't break your heart if it is lost or damaged. Lovely ring, I will consoder getting others in ruby or emerald now!

Barbara Currie - 7 Secrets of Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie - 7 Secrets of Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackie J, 24 May 2013
I loved this DVD because Barbara covers exercises for the whole body in small chunks, so you can do the whole thing or just pick out the bits you feel need most attention. She explains and demonstrates each section clearly and shows beginners poses as well as the more advanced version. I practised yoga many years ago and seem to remember going much more slowly, but you can always pause the DVD if you want to take your time or have a rest. It is the best DVD I have found so far.

Gold from Gemini (Lovejoy 2)
Gold from Gemini (Lovejoy 2)
Price: 0.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Antiques and murder too!, 28 Mar 2013
I was thrilled to see Lovejoy back in print (and on Kindle) after such a long absence. The mysteries are very satisfying and you get advice on antiques too. I live in Colchester, so it's an added bonus that I know the very streets he's talking about. Sadly the auction room is now gone, but the Castle Museum, The Marquis of Granby, Head Street etc. are still there. You can do a Lovejoy tour if you like! Great stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3