ARRAY(0x992d0be8)

Profile for Ms. R. V. Ward > Reviews

Content by Ms. R. V. Ward

Ms. R. V. Ward "Rach991" (Merseyside, UK)

The Empire of Darkness (The Queen of Freedom Trilogy)
The Empire of Darkness (The Queen of Freedom Trilogy)
by Christian Jacq

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect combination of fact and fiction..., 17 Mar 2008
Being an avid historical romance reader, I had my doubts about whether or not I would find this book as enjoyable. Luckily for me, I thought it was fantastic; being both factually interesting yet fictionally enthrawling.

Highly recommended but be warned have google at the ready, as I guarantee you'll want to know even more about these amazing egyptians as you read about their unbelievable lives.

Master of Desire
Master of Desire
by Kinley MacGregor
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 5.79

3.0 out of 5 stars From a true fan of romantic novels! Not Great, 12 April 2007
I have read so many romantic novels and love especially historical romances and if, like me, you tend to base your choices on Amazon online reviews I would honestly recommend you spend your money on another book. Admittedly it's slightly sweet in parts but the heroine does not have the spirit to match those in other novels, and who decided childish tantrums are a show of female boldness? Not in my world! and the hero, to put it mildy is a stubborn ass! Born in Sin which is by the same writer is a much more interesting effort! I found myself skipping huge sections of this book simply because every scene between the hero & herione was the same but in a different setting (if you read it you will see what I mean). But my main criticism is the moment the hero changed his mind about what he wanted! Again I don't want to go in to it but the change was ridiculous and instantaneous! The bulk of the book he resists and then suddenly that all changes because of...

Anyway it's ok and that's the kindest I can be!

Whitney, My Love
Whitney, My Love
by Judith McNaught
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars So maybe it is that good...., 5 April 2007
Well what a book, first Judith book I've read and since reading it I have bought all the others I could find on Amazon. It was fantastic, and Whitney as a character was really lovable! I don't usually find myself laughing at romance books but this one had me giggling repeatedly.

No book is perfect though and maybe just the one itsy bitsy criticism I have is that it could be construed by some that the author put a few too many twists in there, I can't decided whether the heroines were given a too many misread situations to contend with but apart from that...

All hale Ms. McNaught!