Profile for David in Sussex > Reviews

Content by David in Sussex

David in Sussex (Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chieftain Personal Alarms with Strobe Light/Torch [Electronics] [Electronics]
Chieftain Personal Alarms with Strobe Light/Torch [Electronics] [Electronics]
Offered by Click A Deal
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud but easily muffled, 5 May 2014
Bought this as an experiment at work as reception area not covered by radio receiver panic alarms for technical reasons. Hoped this might provide a working alternative for reception staff. While unbearably loud in the room it is set off in, a short distance away in other parts of the building you could hear nothing at all so effectively useless. I'm sure it works well outdoors but no use inside if any solid doors intervene.

Non Slip Matting Black
Non Slip Matting Black
Offered by fast_e_shop
Price: 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds Firm, 5 May 2014
Got this as I use a sit down peddle exercise bike and the floor is tiled. Despite vigorous peddling this mat kept exerciser in place on a smooth floor surface very well. Doesn't look elegant but does the job it is supposed to.

Tradewinds 2 (PC)
Tradewinds 2 (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK at first but repetative, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Tradewinds 2 (PC) (Video Game)
Did enjoy game on initial play through but quest lines are repetative and similar after a while. Some amusing jokes in dialogue but in the end not enough to keep me interested.

Paul Anthony Pro Series 3 Titanium Rotary Shaver
Paul Anthony Pro Series 3 Titanium Rotary Shaver
Price: 18.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Corded Sahver, 15 April 2014
While the shaver seems Ok if a bit flimsy it cannot be used as a corded mains shaver as advertised but only as a rechargeable. As the box it comes in says on 3 sides that it is both, but the instruction manual only describes rechargeable use, I emailed customer service to clarify. The answer is that there was a mistake in the packaging which has been corrected with new stock. Doesn't seem to discourage them selling off old stock under misleading descriptions. Suggests a fairly careless attitude to quality control and customer service so i certainly won't buy their products again.

The Mysterious Cities Of Gold: The Complete Series BBC (slim-line version) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bernard Deyries
Price: 16.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed discs, 7 Mar 2014
My criticism is of this set of DVDs and not of the TV series, which is brilliant. I enjoyed discs 1 and 2 but when I tried to use disc 3 it wouldn't load and wouldn't eject either. Managed, by switching the DVD player off then back on immediately and pushing eject to get disc out. I checked disc 4 and it worked OK but you do want all the discs in a complete set of a series. Amazon promptly replaced the DVDs for me but the new set behaved in exactly the same way so I then gave up and Amazon refunded my money. There must be a faulty batch on the market so do be careful buying this item.

Hisaishi Meets Miyazaki Films
Hisaishi Meets Miyazaki Films
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Music, 7 Mar 2014
Wonderful renditions of the music from some truly amazing films. Has a very ethereal, dreamlike nature, ideal for relaxing to.

Dark Matter (PC DVD)
Dark Matter (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 7.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Advertising on Amazon Is Misleading, 13 Dec 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dark Matter (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I haven't played this game yet, only installed it and looked briefly at the tutorial section to confirm it is working. Reviews on the Steam formun for the game are mixed, some love the game some hate it so I don't know yet what I will think, could go either way. What is misleading is that the product description on Amazon says that you receive a DVD Rom but this isn't true, you receive an empty case with a Steam activation key. It does say in tiny, tiny print on the cover of my case that it contains a download code only, no disc, but the cover shown on the Amazon advert shows the word Action there instead. Personally I do feel that I should be sold what is advertised. I already have a Steam account so that wasn't a game breaker except that the game case contains absolutely no instructions on how to activate the game, nor do the Iceberg or Dark Matter websites. To be fair to Iceberg they did respond promptly to my email with instructions on how to activate the game, even if they were slightly different to the options on Steam. Simple once you know but I didn't know before now. Go to Game at the top of the Steam page, then select Activate a Product on Steam from the drop down list. Sloppy marketting by both Amazon and Iceberg I feel.

Office Fitness Exercise Ball Chair Black - Includes air pump and exercise DVD
Office Fitness Exercise Ball Chair Black - Includes air pump and exercise DVD
Offered by OfficeFitness
Price: 79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Several Problems, 6 Dec 2013
Was very unhappy with this product for a number of reasons. Instructions are very poor for assembly. Lots of paper on exercises to do and only a tiny poor quality set of diagrams for assembly. No where is it made clear that the ball needs several inflatations over a couple of days to reach full size so I had to contact the supplier to find out why the ball was too small. And this was when I learned that the ball is made of latex, which is not specified on any of the packaging or instructions. Fortunately I don't suffer from latex allergy but this ommission of information could be very dangerous for someone who does. And I found the ball very cold to sit on, even when I put blankets on it, which finally decided me against the product. Far too uncomfortable, even if balancing on the ball itself wasn't too bad. Definitely a waste of my money.

Samsung SCX-3405 Multifunction Mono Laser Printer (Print/Scan/Copy)
Samsung SCX-3405 Multifunction Mono Laser Printer (Print/Scan/Copy)
Offered by TODO! TODO!
Price: 94.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Reliable, 6 Dec 2013
So far very pleased with this printer. Was easy to set up and has proved fast and reliable. Decided to go for a mono laser to see if it is cheaper as my main printing interest is in printing out PDF download books that I buy. Was tired of the small fortune in colour ink that I was spending. For me greyscale printing is more than satisfactory for what I want to do. And after an Epson printer that constantly misfed its paper or jammed the reliability of this Samsung is very nice change.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition)
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful music, 21 Sep 2013
Obviously the motive for buying this soundtrack is because you enjoyed the film and this music does evoke the enjoyment of the film wonderfully. Good value for money in the length of playtime and the quality of sound is very good. Essentially the music is more of the same from Lord of the Rings but if you're a fan then this is no bad thing and you can immerse yourself in Middle Earth all over again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3