Profile for stefmoorhouse66@hotmail.com > Reviews

Content by stefmoorhouse6...

stefmoorhouse66@hotmail.com (Stoke Newington, England)

Lionheart
Lionheart

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of all time!!, 4 Aug 2001
This review is from: Lionheart (Audio CD)
This record has everything. I was only six when my elder sister brought this album home but it has lived with me ever since. The tracks have never become boring to me even after 23 years of playing and that's no mean feat! Every track is special, but the best still are 'Symphony in Blue', 'Fullhouse' and 'Don't push your foot on the heartbrake'. If I were to be stranded on a dessert island, this would be the record I would take with me. It soothes, it inspires and even though it is dubbed as Kate's most pressurised album, it proves to me that the grest songstress herself is at her best when set tight deadlines. If you refuse to buy any other KB record, buy this one for your own piece of mind.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2010 10:22 PM BST

The First Blood Mystery
The First Blood Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars What a discovery!, 31 July 2001
This review is from: The First Blood Mystery (Audio CD)
Carina Round, young Midlands-based singer is a breath of fresh air. The album goes some way to capture the on stage essence but to be fully appreciated, Carina must be seen live. Best songs include the tormented 'On Leaving' and 'Let it Fall' dedicated to her father who walked out on her at a young age. Many hints of jazz can be heard throughout, but an obvious comparison would have to be Katell Keinig, who has similar husky tones. Bored with way things are musically at the moment? Buy this.