Profile for S. Crouch > Reviews

Content by S. Crouch

S. Crouch (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made...... Cracking shave., 10 Feb 2014
I had read that this razor was made to a very high quality but I can tell you I was blown away when I opened the box - the quality is amazing, really beautiful.
I'm new to DE shaving so I bought a Wilkinson Sword Classic (the black plastic one) and this got me going nicely. I wasn't prepared for just how much better the DE89 was going to be though - It is so smooth and just feels "right". I genuinely do enjoy shaving now. I've only used it with Wilkinson Sword blades so far and it's been excellent.

I can see this razor lasting a lifetime; I look forward to handing it down to my son when he's old enough.

Would I buy other Edwin Jagger products? Based on this, absolutely!

Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver with Cleaning Centre
Price: 203.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Best razor I've ever used, as good as a wet shave!, 6 Sep 2011
I have finally bought myself a Series 7 - I have coveted one for so long, looking at it regularly waiting for the price to drop!
I'm 42 and my history of shaving is a mixed one, Braun shaver when I was 18 which I used for years, then went to wet shaving, then tried a Philishave which I liked but it made throat area sore, went back to wet shaving, tried another philishave hoping they had got better but not for me, back to wet shaving with great results and then finally 3 years ago back to Braun with a series 3 and very happy I've been with it. However I still had to wet shave when I wanted a really close shave.
I was a bit worried that the Series 7 wouldn't be that much better for the money but I am happy to say that it's fantastic! I don't know if it's the sonic part of it, the new foil design or the long hair comb thingy but all I know is I get a shave that is fantastically close and with absolutely no irritation - I am so seriously impressed with it. It's a bit weird but I actually enjoy shaving; this razor is a joy to use. It's light weight, has all the buttons and extras it needs, the battery lasts ages and the cleaning station is so much nicer than the old series 3 design.
All in all it's an expensive bit of kit, but you do get what you pay for. Are there better razors out there? Possibly but I won't be finding out for a while as this is going nowhere!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 7:10 PM GMT

Collins Pocket - Collins Pocket Portuguese Dictionary
Collins Pocket - Collins Pocket Portuguese Dictionary

4.0 out of 5 stars Be aware pronunciation guide is Brazilian Portuguese, 29 Oct 2007
Not too much to say I guess, it's a smallish dictionary with more than enough definitions to get a beginner like me going. The pages are clear and the colouring of the words is good to help with finding what you want quickly.

My only gripe is that the pronunciation guide is for Brazilian Portuguese which is a pain as I'm trying to learn European Portuguese! It doesn't state this on the outside anywhere, I hope knowing that will help you buy the correct dictionary for you - so far I've not been able to find a European centered dictionary........
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 11:25 PM GMT