Profile for ACT > Reviews

Content by ACT

ACT "amberwingco" (Gloucestershire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivosmart Wristband (12 Pack)
The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivosmart Wristband (12 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 27 Sept. 2015
Excellent product and first class service

Desk Lamp, TaoTronics Table Lamps LED Elune Touch Control, 5-Level Dimmable (4 Lighting Modes, Flexible Arm, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Port, Foldable Lamp) - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desk lamp, 14 July 2015
This is a great light. Loads of options for brightness etc and the USB outlet is very useful for charging the odd device. It arrived well packed and was easy to assemble. Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best in my view.

Pure Accessory ChargePAK F1 Rechargeable Battery Pack
Pure Accessory ChargePAK F1 Rechargeable Battery Pack
Offered by iZilla

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - dont buy it., 13 July 2015
Bought the Pure Evoke D4 radio as a present for my wife in December 2013. Despite what I considered to be excessive cost I also bought the F1 battery pack which has just failed completely; in fact you could not operate the radio at all.
Phoned Pure and they advised that it was probably the battery pack. Removed it and the radio operates fine.
Usual story from Pure "its only guranteed for a year" and no joy on a contribution towards a replacement.
Interestingly if you go to Pure's website here:-http://www.pure.com/accessories/chargepak-f1 their proud boast is:-

"Listen to your Pure radio wherever you go for up to 50 hours - and never buy batteries again"

If thats the case then I think we should all be entitled to a free replacement or if not they should at least be reported under The Trades Description Act.

I have had pure digital radios for nealy 10 years and they have been pricey but OK.
The D4 is to expensive for what it offers and tying you in to just their battery pack is in my view a con.
This battery is a complete rip off and as a result I shall not be buying Pure products in future.

ADVENT USB 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Adapter Dongle EDR Class 1 - up to100m Range - ADE-C1EDR - Only for use with Windows 2000 , Windows XP and Windows Vista

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Sunny Boy success!!, 28 July 2014
Another Sunny Boy invertor issue when I lost the signal using my original LogiLink bluetooth device.
Decided after lots of faffing about loading and unloading the Sunny Explorer software that the bluetooth was probably defunct so was delighted to read the reviews on this unit.
Purchased and delivered the following day (a Saturday) by Amazon and used the supplied CD to download the server.
That resulted in lots of error messages from Windows to the effect that this was incompatible with my version which is Win 7 64 bit.
So I deleted the Advent software and let Windows download its own driver and that resolved the problem.
I now have a much better signal strength showing on the Sunny Explorer than with the LogiLink.
So thanks to those who wrote the previous reviews and guided me down this path and thanks to Amazon for brilliant service!!

Inateck Mini 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with 1ft USB 3.0 Cable for Laptops, Ultrabooks, Macbook and Tablet PCs, Bus-Powered
Offered by Inateck

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 6 Mar. 2014
Plugged it in and it worked straight out of the box. Only thing is for me a longer cable would have allowed more flexibility in where I can place it near my PC.

WanEway TSA Approved 3 Combination Travel Suitcase Luggage Padlock Number Code Lock Pin

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to set but ok in operation, 6 Mar. 2014
Despite the simple instructions like others I had to fiddle about for ages to reset the combination. I had 3 locks one set up first time and the others two took another 10 mins or so to do. Other than that they work fine and are good value.

Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A3 Dock for iPad 1,2,3 in Black
Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A3 Dock for iPad 1,2,3 in Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 1 Dec. 2013
Basically I agree with everything that everybody has said so far.

Its incredible value for money, (or was when I bought it @ £116 for the black version) came from Germany, very well packed in about 6 days from order.

The only minor issue is that you do have to make sure the locking catch on the back is fully over with a firm shove otherwise you have no sound which was a real worry the first time I tried it!

The sound is excellent BUT the unit is very unstable as everyone has said so don't put it anywhere someone can knock it over.

Would have been 5 stars with a sensible stand but then I don't expect it would be on offer for this price if it didn't have a few issues!

Brother HL3140CW A4 Colour Laser Wireless Printer
Brother HL3140CW A4 Colour Laser Wireless Printer
Offered by Co-op Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant so far!, 1 Dec. 2013
Got fed up with Epson Injet problems so decided to try "Lazer" for a change. It took just 5 days to arrive and came with a UK 3 pin plug and an Irish warranty leaflet. Out of the box I could not get it to work wirelessly using WPS but that might be the router although it worked fine with another item recently. So I used the CD supplied and set in up manually and it was off straight away. Its connected with two PC's and an Ipad with no problems at all.Very impressed with the printer quality. I use mainly black and occasional colour and do not print photos so for what I do the quality is fine. Its quiet in operation and it runs on for a few minutes after its printed but it is quite exceptable noise level just 3 feet away from me. I note that the toner is quite expensive but compatibles are available more cheaply and I shall try these once its out of warranty. That was the only swizz; the warranty leaflet said two years but when I registered on line with Brother it only gave 12 months warranty. I took it it up with them by email and they replied within 24 hours saying that its 2 years in the EU but only 12 months in the UK!! Brilliant value for money at less that £90
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 12:10 PM GMT

Vacmaster, multipurpose, auto on/off vacuum cleaner, wet and dry. 20L. 1250w. Immediate delivery.
Offered by Cleva UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance, 11 Nov. 2013
Had this about 3 months and it performs really well in the house and in the workshop. It has really strong suction and having the built in power socket for tools is very convenient.

HoMedics SP-39H-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Massager
HoMedics SP-39H-GB Deluxe Shiatsu Massager

2.0 out of 5 stars Could not access neck, 11 Nov. 2013
The arms were too short to access the neck muscles which is what I needed. Probably OK for other regions though.

Page: 1 | 2