Profile for Thomas Price > Reviews

Content by Thomas Price

Thomas Price (Brighton and Hove, England)

Digital Coin Counting Money Jar
Digital Coin Counting Money Jar

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product.. for the first couple of months, 4 Sept. 2013
This product has great potential, however, after putting a couple of thousand coins in (which isn't that many when you consider how many 1ps, 2ps, 5ps etc you have laying around) it stopped recognising certain coins or mistaking 1ps for 20ps. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and stuck some new batteries in but it made no difference. Like I said, this has great potential and for the first month or so it encouraged me to save nearly £300 in change, just because I loved the novelty of sticking any coins in there, including £1 and £2 coins. It really is an easy way to save money because although you can take money out of it, it is a bit fiddly and annoying; its easier to just leave it in there and use notes or your card. I'm hoping it was only mine that was a bit faulty because it is a very good, fun product.

Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears
Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears
by Emily Gravett

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book with a lot of uses., 4 Sept. 2013
I purchased this book for my class after a visit from Emily Gravett back in April. She was great and introduced her favourite books to the kids. I gave them the choice of which one they could have and they all said Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears. They loved the fact that the 'hidden meaning' is that they are all Emily's fears and could relate to most of them. It has been great to use with specific children to identify their own personal fears and worries. We've even made up words for their own fears (monsterunderbedophobia) which they loved. All in all it is a great book; there isn't a lot of writing which leaves it open for discussion and the illustrations and fold up pages are fantastic! I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone.

Rucanor 20409 Basketball Net - Red/White/Blue, 44 Cm
Rucanor 20409 Basketball Net - Red/White/Blue, 44 Cm

3.0 out of 5 stars Faded very fast., 4 Sept. 2013
I purchased this net because my old one, which had been on the net for 11 years, had finally given in and snapped. This net is quite thin and one of the bit snapped off when I dunked and caught the net with my index finger. It has also faded very badly in the sun, which although it doesn't affect the use of the net, it does make it look less aesthetically pleasing.

Spalding AF14 Mens Golf Club Set with Black Stand Bag (Right Hand-Graphite)
Spalding AF14 Mens Golf Club Set with Black Stand Bag (Right Hand-Graphite)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Set, 4 Sept. 2013
I purchased these clubs after deciding to take up golf again after a number of years off the green. I had previously had a cheap basic Donnay set that had been great at the time but weren't practical now. I've found these to be great clubs, very sturdy and light but with enough weight behind them to give a ball a fair whack. I wouldn't recommend these to an experienced golfer because they're slightly below par (excuse the unintentional pun) compared to higher/middle-end clubs. Overall though, all round good solid clubs which I've already used over two-dozen times and still come up clean when cleaned with a towel.