Profile for Ms. N. R. Close > Reviews

Content by Ms. N. R. Close

Ms. N. R. Close

Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood
Speak Swahili, Dammit!: A tragic, funny African childhood

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed and cried reading this book, and couldn't ..., 19 April 2015
I laughed and cried reading this book, and couldn't put it down. Coming from a family with roots in colonial Africa it reminds me of growing up hearing those stories. He manages to truly convey the atmosphere of the country and its people with such emotion. Thank you so much for this gem!

Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable for WD Passport, 28 Jan. 2010
I had read the reviews before buying this about the poor cable it was supplied with and how easily it comes out when it is bumped or moved. I thought the same when I got it but my mum had a go and she saw that you actually have to insert it upwards at an angle and then it slots in completely, very firmly and does not move at all. Just thought I would post this for any other frustrated users as it is not at all obvious and takes a while to get used to the angle and a lot of people seem to be having troubles. Btw I didn't just force it - look at the clips on the lead and you can see that it has to go in like that to fully go in. I am also very impressed with the hard drive - nice having one that size that does not require an external power source. Nice and small as well.