Profile for D. Sanders > Reviews

Content by D. Sanders

D. Sanders "Lorica" (Hampshire England)

Page: 1 | 2
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
by Yuval Noah Harari

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary insight into our history, 30 Aug. 2015
For anyone with an interest in history and the human race, this is an excellent read. This is not a quick read page turner, nor should it be. The author has brought together an incredible number of facts in an easy to understand style. This is the sort of book you will want to discuss with friends and family as the story unfolds. The cleverest thing about this book is the way in which it mixes facts which you may well be aware of and new and revealing stories. This is one of the best books that I have read in a longbtime.

The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist
by Jessie Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor ending, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Paperback)
I bought this book because of the publicity and good reviews. I think it is well written and the descriptions are evocative of the period and setting. However I think that the author was given a target of circa 400 pages and then realised that by 350 pages there was a lot to clear up! Therefore the ending is extremely rushed and, as others have commented, there are a lot of unanswered questions. So in the end a disappointment.

The Intimate Bond: How Animals Shaped Human History
The Intimate Bond: How Animals Shaped Human History
by Brian Fagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and very interesting., 7 July 2015
This is a fascinating book that is well written in a simple and yet informative style. It combines history with social developments. Not only did I find it most interesting but I also learnt so much about man and animals siice prehistoric times. I would thoroughly recommend this book.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)
Offered by TERMINAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need, 14 Sept. 2014
My sons have the same tablet and recommended it to me. The performance is very good and it is easy to use.

ASUS Transformer Book T100 10.1-inch 2-in-1 Convertible Netbook (Intel Atom Z3740 1.33GHz Processor, 32GB SSD, 2GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics, Touchscreen, SDXC Card Reader, USB 3.0, Micro HDMI, Windows 8.1)
Offered by gsm m

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 14 Sept. 2014
This is a very nicely made netbook. However I had to return it as it did not perform to my needs. The software is so set up that it does not work well with non Microsoft products such as Gmail and Google Drive. I also found it quite slow.

The Last Days of the Bus Club
The Last Days of the Bus Club
by Chris Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 14 Sept. 2014
Chris Stewart at his best. An excellent and interesting read.

EasyAcc® Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Leather Smart Case Book Cover Flip Cover Sleeve Bag Pouch with Stand / Auto Sleep Wake-up for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 (Premium PU Leather, Black, Slim)
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
by Chris Hadfield

5.0 out of 5 stars A motivational book, 11 April 2014
I bought this book as a result of Chris Hadfield's on line videos and an interest in the subject. However I found this book to be the most motivational piece of writing I have ever read. This book should be recommended reading for all school, college and university students. I am now retired and have enjoyed a fulfilling life. However had this book been available when I was younger, it would have inspired me onto to greater things. Thank you Chris for such a great book.

Philips HR1617/01 Viva Collection Metal Bar Hand Blender - White/Lilac
Philips HR1617/01 Viva Collection Metal Bar Hand Blender - White/Lilac

4.0 out of 5 stars Phillips Hand Blender, 31 Oct. 2013
Very good quality, is fast and works very well. The attachments are all useful and I have used them all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 12:43 AM GMT

LEATHER FLIP SERIES CASE COVER + SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI I8190 (BLACK)
Offered by TypeandColor

5.0 out of 5 stars Cover for Samsung Galaxy Mini, 4 Sept. 2013
I had a similar cover for my old HTC and this one is as good. Fits the phone well but does not impede use. Gives me assurance that it will protect my phone.

Page: 1 | 2