Profile for Julia > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Silver Bay
Silver Bay

4.0 out of 5 stars Silver Bay from JoJo Moyes, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: Silver Bay (Paperback)
Another good book from JoJo Moyles, it held my attention from the beginning, and it is very well written. I learnt a great deal about the Dolphins and Whales in Silver Bay, the beautiful beaches and the tranquil life the family live until a stranger arrives out of the blue to shatter their lives It is a romantic book but it takes a while to get there! I am working my way through JoJo's books but so far nothing surpasses the brilliant 'Me before You'..

The Ship of Brides
The Ship of Brides

4.0 out of 5 stars The Ship of Brides, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Ship of Brides (Paperback)
This book by Jojo Moyles was very good, it took me a while to actually get into the book but it improved as the story progressed. It was interesting from an 'historic point of view' as I did not know that women from across the world in 1946 were shipped to England to to join the men they married in wartime. The brides in the story came from Australia and the story of their journey across the ocean on an aircraft carrier, the Victoria, turns into a remarkable story.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Hewlett-Packard (HP) Combo pack 301 - overpriced but necessary, 15 Sep 2014
This product is very good and of course is a necessary purchase. However, I believe these cartridges are over-priced and I try to buy them when they are on offer only. I never buy at the original price.

Foreign Fruit
Foreign Fruit

3.0 out of 5 stars Foreign Fruit, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Foreign Fruit (Paperback)
I loved Jojo Moyes 'Me before You' which was the first book of hers that I read but was disappointed with Foreign Fruit. It took me a long time to get into the book and I found it very confusing at times, as it looked back at the past, but that was probably because I found it hard going after reading the magnificent 'Me before You' which to me was one of the best books I have ever read and was gripping from the beginning. Foreign Fruit was a sad tale of 'lost love' for Lotti and Guy, when they were very young, and the coming together again some fifty years later when they realised what a mess they had made of their lives, which I found very sad. All the way through the book I was waiting for it to hold my attention but, unfortunately, it did not.

The Unseen
The Unseen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unseen, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Unseen (Paperback)
A very good absorbing drama, and an unusual story of intrigue, murder, love and mystery. I was enthralled by a tale of 'fairies' and of Cat's part in the drama and It held my attention to the finish. An extremely well written, researched and documented novel, a real page-turner.

Draper 50678 Heavy-Duty Telescopic Anvil Loppers with Steel Handles
Draper 50678 Heavy-Duty Telescopic Anvil Loppers with Steel Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper 50678 Heavy-Duty Telescopic Anvil Loppers with Steel Handles, 4 Jun 2014
I a very pleased with these and can tell that they will last a lifetime. I have used them on my trees and bushes and they do the job extremely well and I am delighted that I purchased them.

Draper 34478 190 mm Anvil-Pattern Ratchet-Action Secateurs
Draper 34478 190 mm Anvil-Pattern Ratchet-Action Secateurs

3.0 out of 5 stars Draper 34478 Anvil-Pattern Raatchet-Action Secateurs, 4 Jun 2014
I think you get what you pay for and I don't think these will be as durable as am ore expensive pair - but we shall see.

The Hogitat Hedgehog House
The Hogitat Hedgehog House
Offered by Gardening Naturally

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hogitat Hedgehog House, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Hogitat Hedgehog House
The hedgehog house is extremely well put together and durable and blends well into the garden. I am very pleased with it and hope that a hedgehog will make it its home very soon.

The Misbegotten
The Misbegotten

2.0 out of 5 stars The Misbegotten - Katherine Webb, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Misbegotten (Paperback)
In the past, I have very much enjoyed Katherine Webb's books, but this book was disappointing. I almost gave up on it but did continue to the end. I found it to be a very dark and miserable story, so very different to the brilliant ' The Legacy' novel. The Misbegotten was very well written but the story seemed relentless in its mystery, deceit and squalor and I found it difficult to relate to any of the characters. However, it will not put me off of reading Katherine's books as she is a brilliant writer.

The Legacy
The Legacy

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
This is the first time I have read a Katherine Webb book and I really enjoyed the story which covered both the early1900's and current period. It was a very interesting story, well written and I found it difficult to put the book down. I can recommend this book and have since purchased another one of her stories and I am delighted that I have found a new author to add to my list of favourite ones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3