Profile for Alex Colby > Reviews

Content by Alex Colby

Alex Colby "Alex :)" (Liverpool, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Scar Tail the Platypus
Scar Tail the Platypus
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars animal lover, 10 April 2013
My kids are real animal lovers so when I saw this book on my kindle fire I decided to get it for them to read with me. They absolutely loved it.

The story is really heart warming and the kids learned a lot about Platypuses which is an animal they didn't know too much about.

There are other animals featured in the book which adds more excitement for the kids and I myself found the kid in the story, Peter, to be really cute and thought he was the perfect character.

Goodreads For Authors: How To Use Goodreads To Promote Your Books
Goodreads For Authors: How To Use Goodreads To Promote Your Books
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Be patient, 10 April 2013
I must admit when I first got this book, I was completely new to goodreads and I found this book rather confusing. But I knew that the power of good reads is amazing and I wanted to keep trying.

Once I started to get a better understanding of goodreads, this book started to make a bit more sense to me.

So I started again right from the start and literally followed it step by step and now it has really helped me to set up goodreads and use it to full effect.

So glad I came across this :)

Mega Thinking: Develop Mega-Thinking And Discover a Life With Limitless Opportunities!
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Expands your mind, 7 April 2013
The book really does tap into your mind and stretches it out as far as it can go. It's a great way to learn how to use your mind to it's full potential and actually start reaching your goals.

A great eye opener.

From Three a Day to Zero in Three Years: How I Dropped Diet Pop
From Three a Day to Zero in Three Years: How I Dropped Diet Pop
Price: 2.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 April 2013
I always used to drink far too many fizzy drinks! Was getting out of hand. Was really happy when I came across this book. The story of the author and how he managed to stop drinking "pop" is great and really helpful in itself. But he goes into detail about how you can too!!

Tarnished Honor
Tarnished Honor
Price: 1.92

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tone, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Tarnished Honor (Kindle Edition)
The old English language used in the book sets a great tone right from the start. It really creates an atmosphere and takes you back in time to the setting of the book.

The story line grips you with it's intense grasp of love, lust and action taking you through a range of emotions that most books won't even dare to venture to.

The characters develop bigger personalities with every page turn and you feel like you know them inside out by the end.

Really enjoyed this.

Kidz and Parentz
Kidz and Parentz
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars All parents should read this, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Kidz and Parentz (Kindle Edition)
It's too often that I see parents that have no clue how to look after their own kids. No matter where I go there will always be kids running round with no supervision from their parents and it really bugs me.

I have nothing against young parents as it's their choice whether to have kids or not, but it does seem to be the younger parents that don't look after their kids properly and perhaps if they got their hands on this book they would learn a thing or 2!

The book teaches about what kids should be doing at each age, so parents can realise when a kid isn't developing the way it should.

It also talks about the phase children go through when they are trying hard to be independent by saying no all the time and how they are still really very dependant on their parents.

A great read for any parent.

How To Use The 5:2 Fast Diet: For Your Intermittent Fasting Days (Lose Weight Fast)
Price: 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great explanation, 2 April 2013
I bought an amazing recipe book for this diet but needed to find out the explanations for how the diet works. In retrospect I wish I bought this book first to learn about the diet, and then this recipe book :The 5:2 Fast Diet Recipes: For Your Fasting Days (How to actually use diets)

Perfect combination

Shred Diet: How To Use The Shred Diet To Lose Weight Forever Expanded Edition (How To Lose Weight Fast)
Price: 1.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 2 April 2013
Glad amazon brought out an expanded version of this book, the extra info is really great. I had to search for more books after buying the first edition to get extra info, but now I know even more!

Shred Diet: How To Use The Shred Diet To Lose Weight Forever (How To Lose Weight Fast)
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars For that price I'd buy 10, 2 April 2013
Amazon seem to be releasing loads of cheap diet books recently, but if you find the right ones you can really get a load of amazing info without breaking the bank!

This book is a great guide to using the shred diet, and if you buy this guide too: How to Use The Shred Diet to Actually Lose Weight for Good: With Recipes (How to actually use diets) then you'll have all the info and all the recipes you need!

Exit the Poorhouse: Conquer the Forces of Poorness and Become RICH
Exit the Poorhouse: Conquer the Forces of Poorness and Become RICH

5.0 out of 5 stars You HAVE to read this!, 2 April 2013
I'm a budding, young entrepreneur and I've been reading up on all the material I can. I've been reading Tony Chow's books and they are all great. He really knows how to bring out the desire in you by making you realise that it is so possible to make a lot of money no matter who you are or where you come from.

You don't have to be a genius to be rich and I think Tony really proves that and drills it into your head with his books.

After all, you might as well learn from the proven rich!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13