Profile for Ian > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
City Knights Men'S Black Safety Boot Ss501Cm 9 UK
City Knights Men'S Black Safety Boot Ss501Cm 9 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoes, 29 Aug. 2014
Generally a good fit after being recommended by a colleague. Good corporate shoe and the bonus of them being lightweight and practical for the job that I do.

Leading Effective Meetings, Teams, and Work Groups: In Districts and Schools
Leading Effective Meetings, Teams, and Work Groups: In Districts and Schools
by Matthew Jennings

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for meetings, 24 Mar. 2014
Bought for a Masters assignment and feel that it will really help with references and tips f0r leading my own team meetings. I bought it after reading a few pages on-line and figured from the bit that I read that this would be the book for me.

Leather Pilotcase with trolley, 2 combination Locks, sidepockets Dark Brown 28609

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Brown pilot case, 24 Mar. 2014
It's big!!! But perhaps not as big as you think. Suitable for a$ files and laptop together. Some of the compartments are quite small. The front flap is really handy for note pads etc. The side wallets less useful. The bonus is the pencil case inside and the fact that the laptop compartment is detachable. The trolley side was a bonus and useful, discreet and saves carrying.

Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
by Ken Blanchard

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 May 2013
Blanchard hits the right notes throughout and is always entertaining, accessible and easy to read. His story telling is unbiques and inciteful

Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.
Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanity workout, 18 Aug. 2011
I saw a trailer for this DVD on a shopping channel the day after after hitting rock bottom and not being able to fit into some jeans that I had bought not long before. I wasn't particularly looking for a routine or program and don't normally watch shopping channels but found myself glued to this. I decided to look on Amazon at any reviews expecting a wide spread of feedback. I was daunted by the reviews and the fitness levels that most entering a review had already. THIS WAS NOT ME! I was fast approaching 40 and had been unfit for a long time (and ridiculously overweight), probably 15 years unfit. I was really worried that the exercises would be too much and that I would hurt/injure myself in the process. The price tag was an issue as well. I didn't want to pay for something that I couldn't do! I found a cheaper version for around £40 but depending when you look there are some availbale for around £30. I ordered in anticipation. The package arrived I think on a Wednesday. It had all the necessary things for you in there including the planner. It seemed a common sense approach to start the routine on a Monday as all the planner fits well into 7 day cycles. However, I wanted to dip my toe into the water so had a go at the Fit Test on the Thursday. It was so hard and I was totally daunted after what is essentially less than 20 minutes of exercise. I did it twice more before staring properly on the Monday.

I'm now coming up to the end of the 4th week. I actually had a holiday after week 2 so repeated week 2 when I got back so I suppose I've been doing it for 5 weeks. Every exercise is so hard and I pour sweat throughout the routines. I mean it, you'll need to have a towel handy. I have lost 20 pounds so far. Eating better helps and I'm now needing the food blocks that the program mentions. I struggle to complete the warm-up on every routine and stop frequently throughout the main program. This is still achievable though. It's refreshing to see those on the DVD having to rest including Shaun T as many are fitness trainers and struggle. The recovery days are hell and burn harder than the 'main' routines probably because they are less cardio intensive. I can see the difference in waist and body shape/tone and could fit into my 'new' jeans, the ones that didn't fit when I first hit rock bottom, by week 2. The main problem for me is fitting the routines into family life. It takes up an hour in the evenings at least. I've considered mornings but would mean getting up at 5am.

Would I advise anyone to start this package? Definitely BUT you need to be motivated and serious about getting fit. It is not a weight loss routine but as most reviewers have suggested you will lose weight. I was seriously concerned about my health before starting and thought that this might finish me off. To date it hasn't and I feel better alround. Recovery week is next week (which is brutal by all accounts) which is half way through the program but like others I am planning to either re-do the whole program or pick out bits that I like. I have my own fitness and weight loss targets in mind and feel that these are achievable. The reviews seemed too good to be true averaging out at 5 stars and this worried me cos nothing can be that good, can it? Oh yes it can!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2012 12:57 AM GMT

Sakura STRATOS 15-inch Gloss Silver Wheel Trims
Sakura STRATOS 15-inch Gloss Silver Wheel Trims

4.0 out of 5 stars Wheel trims, 4 Mar. 2011
Spot on for the price. Quality is a little suspect. They are very flimsy and need tieing to the wheel with cable ties. This is fine as that's the reason I lost the last ones!
In any case, cheaper than high street prices so would recommend and buy again if I need anymore.

Goddamnit
Goddamnit

4.0 out of 5 stars Goddamnit - Alkaline Trio, 9 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Goddamnit (Audio CD)
Very Raw. For me they have got better with age and maturity. Hopefully, these songs will grow, as is usual for me and the trio, after a few more listens. I've left plenty of reviews for A3 and if you read any of my others you'll realise that I love their music. Probably have all of their releases but worked from the midawy point of Crimson onwards. Buy it if you are a fan just so you have the 'collection'

This Addiction
This Addiction
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars This addiction - Alkaline Trio, 9 Oct. 2010
This review is from: This Addiction (Audio CD)
Good value and, as usual, the songs grow the more you listen. Some complaints from reviewers who started with A3 and 'Goddammit' etc, but if you like anything after that you won't go far wrong with this one. Personally, I'm struggling with 'Goddammit' but love everything else that has been released. This is maybe not quite as good as 'Crimson' or 'Agony and Irony' in my opinion and certainly not as good as 'From here to Infirmary' or 'Good Mourning' but it is genuinely a really good listen. If you agree with anything that I've written thus far, you'll be more than 'pleased as piss' with this purchase.

Agony and Irony
Agony and Irony

5.0 out of 5 stars Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony, 9 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Agony and Irony (Audio CD)
Listened to this once and hated it. Put it on in the car in desperation and realised that I'd made some early pre-judgements. 'Calling all skeletons' really grows, 'In vein' is a classic as is 'Do you wanna know'. Plenty of other classic tracks such as track 10 which holds personal significance. Alkaline are so diverse and have developed so much. Live they are awesome, and the back catalogue is pretty impressive. You will read reviews depending on when you got into them. I was originally exposed to 'Crimson' and love 'Good mourning' and 'From here to Infirmary'. All things in consideration I think that they are one of the most solid bands around. Yes, the new album is different and more poppy than anything they have produced thus far but with A3 you just can't go wrong. This is a fabulous album and will grow on you like a disease where you won't want to listen to anything else. It's also a strong album to come back to!!

Annihilation Principle (CD/DVD)
Annihilation Principle (CD/DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laaz Rockitt, 9 Oct. 2010
I heard this song twenty years ago (Fire in the Hole) and, on and off, I've been looking for it ever since. The song meets my original expectations and the quality of the rest of the songs are a bonus to me especially tracks 8 and 9. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2