ARRAY(0xadec0798)

Profile for Amelia-Faye > Reviews

Content by Amelia-Faye

Amelia-Faye

Page: 1 | 2
Epson Stylus SX215 All-in-One Printer (Individual Inks, 3.8cm LCD Viewer, Memory Card Slot)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer., 17 Jan 2014
I have had this product for three years, It saw me through my degree with not my fault or problem at all. You can even get cheap non Epson inks that work in it perfectly. Was the best investment I made in fresher's week... other than the booze cruise I made to Calais the week before enrolment.

Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed
Bespoke: Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed
by Richard Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read., 17 Jan 2014
perusing a tailoring career was something that dumbfounded my parents, I read this book and bought them both a copy too. They totally understand why now and I am so glad I had this book to share with them.

The London Cut: Savile Row Bespoke Tailoring
The London Cut: Savile Row Bespoke Tailoring
by James B. Sherwood
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pocket guide to tailors., 17 Jan 2014
Nifty little book that was a lovely read. Short, concise and very educational. Found this a very charming book, but if you want something more specific or something that contains a long analysis or review this isn't the book for you.

Bespoke: The Men's Style of Savile Row
Bespoke: The Men's Style of Savile Row
by Tom Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book., 17 Jan 2014
Full of wonderful pictures, quote, factual information, historical images and references. If you are passionate about bespoke tailoring this is a great book.

Dandies: Fashion and Finesse in Art and Culture
Dandies: Fashion and Finesse in Art and Culture
by Susan Fillin-Yeh
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source for my Dissertation., 17 Jan 2014
threw in a few wild cards and great interpretations when thinking about the modern day dandy. would recommend to anybody that wants to develop or push their understanding of what it means to be a dandy.

Fashion and Modernity
Fashion and Modernity
by Christopher Breward
Price: 18.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for the fashion student., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fashion and Modernity (Paperback)
Used on and off as a bible/reference book throughout my critical and contextual study of fashion during my degree. This is a must buy.

The New English Dandy
The New English Dandy
by Alice Cicolini

5.0 out of 5 stars great modern interpretations on an old theme., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: The New English Dandy (Hardcover)
Some of the content I didn't find appropriate to what I was researching but it was a fantastic read that really opened my eyes about the idea of the modern dandy and there were some great pieces of information to stem from and develop. Great for anybody who enjoys a good photo.

Dandyism (PAJ Books)
Dandyism (PAJ Books)
by Professor Jules Barbey D'Aurevilly
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dandyism (PAJ Books) (Paperback)
Must read if studying or interested in dandyism. Helped me get to grips with the concept of what being a dandy actually means.

Who is a Dandy?: Dandyism and George Brummell
Who is a Dandy?: Dandyism and George Brummell
by George Walden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great base point for my disserttion., 17 Jan 2014
This is the absolute first book you should read if you want to find out about dandies. Although some of the material is a bit light on true facts- as I am sure you will hear if you read around the subject or other dandy writers. But it is great for understanding the mind set of the dandy and really getting to grips with the lifestyle and specifics of Beau Brummell. which I had more room to reference this book in my Dissertation.

Rising Star: Dandyism, Gender, and Performance in the Fin de Siecle
Rising Star: Dandyism, Gender, and Performance in the Fin de Siecle
by Rhonda K. Garelick
Price: 20.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great material for my dissertation, 17 Jan 2014
Menswear fashion writer with a great interest in the Dandy. This book was a fantastic reference point that really threw in a few wild cards and a great modern approach to quite an unusual and historic figure. Was a really interesting read.

Page: 1 | 2