Profile for Neil Robst > Reviews

Content by Neil Robst

Neil Robst (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Homcom Out Sunny Garden Metal Firepit Fire Pit Brazier Square Table Patio Heater Stove
Offered by MHSTAR

4.0 out of 5 stars We love that it has the fairly wide rim around top ..., 31 July 2014
We've used this firepit a lot since getting! We love that it has the fairly wide rim around top which we put drink cups on. The corners I've found don't get warm at all so perfect for putting a coffee mug or beer or whatever on them. The sides seem to get warm, but as we rest out feet on them, not hot enough to hurt! Or perhaps I'm just not making my fire in them big or hot enough (unlikely as I AM a scout leader and thats what we do!!)

I have two niggles with it. First is that the Amazon Product Description says it comes with a "Carry bag" - this is not an item you'd carry in any sort of mobile sense of the word! After ordering we found that there wasn't a carry bag or cover in the box. Upon querying this with the supplier they said there wasn't one and that the Amazon descrption would be updated. I asked the question against the product on Amazon also and everyone came back and said their came with one so not sure what was going on there. Did get a refund from the supplier so will leave it with (and buy a cover elsewhere)

The second niggle is with the vertical "ladder-like" parts of the firepit between the legs on the sides. The vertical pieces seems to not be attached very well and come off. The two end pieces seem to be spot-welded but, strangely not the pieces in the middle. However I can live with this and will just araldite (glue) them or something.

Overall I am quite happy with this product and enjoy it on the evenings!

Thule 591 ProRide Twin Pack Bicycle Carrier Roof Mounted
Thule 591 ProRide Twin Pack Bicycle Carrier Roof Mounted

5.0 out of 5 stars great product - worth the money, 8 April 2013
Very happy with these cycle carriers! I thought it a bit strange to carry bikes vertically on the roof of my Citroen C5 and so was a bit unsure about doing this. However had a look at my neighbours identical cycle carriers and tried my mountain bike on it and it looked quite solid. Plus he was very happy with them and had been using them for a quite a while.

Ordered and delivered wtihin 2 two days - used them at the weekend and just loved the convenience and ease of use.