Profile for M. Benham > Reviews

Star Trek (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful - do not buy, 29 April 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Trek (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Absolute rubbish. No local co-op despite it being pivotal to the game-play, and irrespective of the following quote from the description on Amazon: "you can play locally or online with a friend in private co-op mode".

Not quite sure about how to get a refund on this, as it is steamworks but I am about to try.

Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer
Canon PIXMA iP7250 Colour Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2013
Takes a long time to warm up sometimes but the functionality totally eclipses my last Epson printer. Love the design with the internal paper trays, which should help to prevent dust getting inside and clogging the nozzles. The best feature - it turns itself on automatically when you print.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 12:11 PM BST

Grisport Men's Wolf Hiking Boot Navy CMG514 10 UK
Grisport Men's Wolf Hiking Boot Navy CMG514 10 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap inferior materials, 18 April 2013
Sent these back after the first wear. One of the lace hooks at the top fell out on the second time I laced them up. The metal appears soft and had simply stretched and failed.

Upon first glance, they instantly feel cheap in comparison to my other two pairs of Berghaus walking boots . The material construction is far simpler and the lining much thinner than my other boots. There is little padding material inside. Essentially they are very under-designed.

Berghaus Men's Tarazed Gore-Tex Raven/Black Hiking Boot 4-20164R1T 10 UK
Berghaus Men's Tarazed Gore-Tex Raven/Black Hiking Boot 4-20164R1T 10 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, 26 Aug 2012
Be warned! These boots take a VERY long time to wear-in and you will suffer immensely. The bulk of the shoe is comfortable from the outset, but the top of the ankles are excruciating. The boots somehow bruise the outer side of your upper ankle (an inch above the ankle bone). I have never experienced anything like this with a walking boot, and I am used to this style of boot. I can't even explain it, the ankle padding feels OK. Perhaps the ankle is just too rigid?

On my first walk of 8 miles, they literally crippled me after 5 miles. I was limping along like a lunatic - that last 3 miles took all afternoon! It took 2 weeks for the bruising of my ankles to heal to allow me to even put the boots on (the pain was unbearable)! It has taken a further 30 miles of short walks before they became comfortable, walking them to work and back. I was really worried that they just wouldn't ever wear-in, and would have to send them back. They are now performing well and the Ankle problem has gone.

The boots look very good, are perfectly waterproof and have a sturdy grip. The grip on the boot is quite shallow so they may wear down quickly. The boots are rather heavy and bulky - I intend to use them for mountain hiking and to keep a lighter weight pair for gentler hikes. I would only recommend buying these boots if you have an old pair to carry with you, so you can change into them when the pain kicks in.

LG 47LE5900 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LED Internet TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb display with excellent power consumption, 16 Oct 2010
I received this TV yesterday and I am extremely impressed with it. The picture is very sharp and vibrant and most of the pre-set pictures modes seem good. The edge LEDs don't bleed light much - as some reviews indicated. Also DTV seems very sharp (contrary to some reviews) and is vastly superior to the tuner in my media centre PC. The tuner supports analogue signals - if required for any reason. The backlight can be set to automatically adjust to the ambient light in the room. I haven't tried the speakers yet since I am using optical output.

The TV is very good looking. The model I received is not red as shown in the images - I received the purple model! Although this colour may not sound appealing, be assured it is a very subtle tint and looks great. The TV is much thinner than I was expecting, amongst the thinnest I have seen. It has a large array of inputs - 4 x HDMI, 1 x SCART, TOSLINK IN & OUT, 2 x USB. The remote control is good - it has a backlight. The only bad thing about the remote is that the direction buttons can be hard to feel your way round, and also make a loud and annoying click when pressed.

The most striking observation is the apparent energy efficiency of this display. My old LCD had the unwanted side effect of keeping the room warm - seriously! This model vents very little heat (and therefore wastes less energy). It also has excellent energy saving features which you can easily enable or disable with a single button press.

The Internet features are not so good. Even with the latest firmware, the TV only has Accuweather, Youtube and Picasa integration. This does not compete well with Google TV or Apple TV. DLNA works OK - you do not need to install the bundled software if you have a Windows 7 Home Premium or better computer (as Windows 7 supports DLNA). The TV picks up my media library and seems to work with many video codecs. It is unable to play recorded TV from Windows Media Centre unfortunately (apparently uses an unsupported audio codec). The media browser can be a little sluggish though if you have a large library.

Overall I would score this TV at 9 out of 10 (only marked down for the poor Internet features and sluggish DLNA interface).

Update:

This TV just got a whole lot better. LG released an update yesterday which adds BBC iplayer, facebook, googlemaps, twitter and many others to the netcast features. My score would now be 10/10
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2011 3:08 PM GMT

Sennheiser MM 400 Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset
Sennheiser MM 400 Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars The quality really shows in these, 22 May 2010
These headphones are amazing. For anyone who has used Bluetooth headphones before and tolerated the poor quality (especially high frequency sounds) this model conclusively blows them all away. The sound quality is almost on par with wired headphones. My old Sony Bluetooth headset and Sony Ericsson Bluetooth earphones are destined for the bin.

The best feature for me is the amazing sound insulation, no need to bother with the more expensive noise cancelling model - background noise is significantly cut. Even when you turn them up loud, the music can not be heard by anyone around. I can now play my music loud on the train without bothering other passengers.

All the accessories are included, even the cables seem to be made of better quality materials than usual. The price is high but is justified considering the build quality.

Netgear WGE111 Wireless 54Mbps Game Adapter
Netgear WGE111 Wireless 54Mbps Game Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but can be difficult to install, 9 May 2005
After configuring this product it works with my router well. If you use already use a netgear router using the default netgear SSID (network name) you will have no problems with installation. If you have a different router, or use WEP encryption, you may have trouble configuring the adapter.
The installation instructions are not up to scratch at all. When connecting the adapter to my PC (for configuration) it failed to establish a full conection. This meant that the installation software failed to detect the adapter. I had to set a static IP address for my PC (in the range 192.168.0.x) and use a web browser to manually access the configuration page (on 192.168.0.202).