Profile for LuluCheerful > Reviews

Content by LuluCheerful

LuluCheerful

Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection: 22 Books, 660 Illustrations, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Many More!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 5 Nov 2014
What a fabulous price on kindle for 22 illustrated lil books. Delightful, even for an adult such as me!

A Dangerous Inheritance
A Dangerous Inheritance

3.0 out of 5 stars A Slog, 5 Nov 2014
I'm still getting through this novel as it's not particularly gripping. Also, I as it is obviously mostly fiction (other than the names and titles of the characters), it's not interesting me much. It's full of usual romantic fluff - the two main characters running around in love with men we just don't care about enough. I've certainly not been inspired.

The Teacher's Grammar of English with Answers: A Course Book and Reference Guide: A Course Book and Reference Guide, with Answers
by Ron Cowan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book to Learn Grammar, 14 Oct 2014
A very accessible book for improving your grammar knowledge. Not the book my university recommended me for my Master's degree but I much chose this book because it is thorough and had very useful practice activities throughout. A book for life, definitely.

The Other Queen (The Tudor Court series Book 6)
The Other Queen (The Tudor Court series Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to Mary Queen of Scots, 14 Oct 2014
A good book for someone like me who didn't know much about Mary Queen of Scots and wanted to find out why she's so iconic. Being from the Midlands myself, the focus on Bess of Hardwick as one of Mary's jailers was particularly interesting as I spent last wknd visiting her impressive home - Hardwick Hall - and seeing the tapestries there that Mary and Bess supposedly worked on together. Similar to most of Phillipa's books, this one is an easy read, full of emotion and intrigue and well worth reading if you are able to turn a blind eye to the fact that historical fiction are no doubt full of fiction.

A Critical History of ESOL in the UK, 1870-2006
A Critical History of ESOL in the UK, 1870-2006
by Sheila K. Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, 15 Feb 2014
Great book for anyone looking to understand the UK English language needs over the decades, and as English language need has been such an under researched topic in the UK this book has filled a much needed gap in its literature.

Discourse Analysis: An Introduction (Continuum Discourse)
Discourse Analysis: An Introduction (Continuum Discourse)
by Brian Paltridge

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived as Expected, 15 Feb 2014
This is the core text for my uni course and i wasn't going to pay full price for a brand new copy so this nearly new purchase suited me. Although it does smell of cigarettes a bit (yuk) , but guess that's the price u pay for saving the cash.

English Phonology and Pronunciation Teaching
English Phonology and Pronunciation Teaching
by Pamela Rogerson-Revell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, 15 Feb 2014
This is the core text on my uni course and is being sold for £30 new on campus. So getting it in nearly new condition for for £11 suited me :-)

TWF Ladies Graphic PINK Aqua Shoes UK 7
TWF Ladies Graphic PINK Aqua Shoes UK 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Ordered, 23 May 2013
I ordered pink - great colour, more fushia shade so grown up (i,m 32yrs old). I ordered size 7, just big enough but of course u don,t want them spacious. They looked so smart i could,ve walked home in them. Am really pleased.

"Two Bare Feet" - ADULT Mask and Snorkel SET B, Pink
"Two Bare Feet" - ADULT Mask and Snorkel SET B, Pink
Offered by Mikes Diving Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mask, 23 May 2013
I live in Thailand so was looking for an affordable mask and snorkel to use here so i don,t need to keep renting when at the beach. They are both really good quality. I ordered pink and love the colour.

SAVFY Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000 / GT-N8010) Luxury Flip Stand Leather Case Cover Multi-Function Folio Pouch with Touch Stylus Loop Holder Design, includes FREE Bonus Gift: High Quality Screen Protector (Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 19 Mar 2013
Good price. Love the colour. Does everything u need. Useful to be able to sit tablet up n keep it protected.