Profile for CityBoy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
My Lucky Star
My Lucky Star
by Joe Keenan

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Joe Keenan would write more in this series, 31 July 2013
This review is from: My Lucky Star (Paperback)
I have loved all 3 of these books and wish there were more. Like the other two, this one is laugh-out-loud funny so be warned if you are reading it on public transport!

The Third Man
The Third Man
by Peter Mandelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the attacks on Blair and Brown, 31 July 2013
This review is from: The Third Man (Hardcover)
I only bought this book because it was being sold cheaply and I suspected Mandelson would spill his bile about Gordon Brown and I wasn't disappointed.

Braun Series 3 3080 Wet and Dry Electric Foil Shaver
Braun Series 3 3080 Wet and Dry Electric Foil Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Loce the style and feel, takes quite a long time to get a smooth shave though, 31 July 2013
I have been using Braun electric shavers for years and this one is slightly lighter than previous models. However, it seems to take longer to give me a close shave which adds extra time to my morining routine but generally happy with it.

StilGut UltraSlim Case with Stand and Smart-Cover for Apple iPad 2 (WiFi & 3G), Black
Offered by StilGut

5.0 out of 5 stars Great front and rear iPad cover, 31 July 2013
This has the magnetic "SmartCover" feature so puts the iPad to sleep when it is closed but, unlike the Apple cover, which costs about the same, is a little more rigid and also protects the rear of the iPad without adding very much to the thickness. I no longer worry about putting it in my hand luggage when travelling and know that a few knocks or even drops won't cause any damage.

Busicom BS-112 12 Big digit angled Desk Display Calculator - from Percy Group
Busicom BS-112 12 Big digit angled Desk Display Calculator - from Percy Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but handy, 31 July 2013
The 12-digit display makes this a useful calculator if, like me, you often got frustrated when that annoying "E" appeared on the screen of 8-digit displays. This is a basic model but a very good price and arrived in two days.

TDK CDR 80min 52x 50pc Cake box
TDK CDR 80min 52x 50pc Cake box
Offered by ECOTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you expect, good price, prompt delivery, 31 July 2013
Can't say much more than that or get over-excited about writable CDs! However, the price was good and they arrived just a couple of days after ordering so credit where it is due and worth a recommendation

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Very Quick Delivery, 31 July 2013
This product arrived within two days and was half the high street price. Absolutely no complaints and will re-order when it runs out.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Prompt Service, 31 July 2013
This is the generic version of Pharmacia & Upjohn's Regaine Extra Strength but 6 x 30ml bottles costs less than 1 x 30m bottle of the branded version from Boots or other chemist, even after the postage is added. I used to order this direct from the USA but that took a couple of weeks to arrive and Customs sometimes added VAT and an £8 handling fee. Ordering it from Amazon means it arrives in less than 5 days and no VAT or Customs fee.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 12:44 PM BST

Scottish Fine Soaps The Tub Moisturiser 300 ml
Scottish Fine Soaps The Tub Moisturiser 300 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not Moulton Brown, 13 July 2013
I know this product is cheaper than Moulton Brown so I shouldn't have expected it to be as good. Overall, it's OK but I guess you get what you pay for. Service good though. Arrived in 3 days.

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control

4.0 out of 5 stars Typically great Logitech Product, 13 July 2013
Not as intuitive as, say, the Harmony One or 1000 but still a great product. Very easy to install and I love being able to control my TV etc from my iPhone and iPad as well as the remote supplied.

Page: 1 | 2