Profile for Marco > Reviews

Marco

The Never Ending Journey
The Never Ending Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars this is what reality is like for many, 12 Aug 2014
As someone living with a brain injury, I feel privileged to be able to read Antoinette's account, for I find myself fighting the same battles and it's a comforting thought to know that I'm not alone, that I'm not mad as I led myself to believe, that my experiences can be attributed to an injury to the brain. The idiosyncratic nature of brain injury, with no two people the exact same in their injuries, personalities, support, age, gender, etc. makes even fellow brain injured people hard to relate to. However, in reading this story I feel I've found a near-compatible match in Antoinette. What I appreciate most is its brutal honesty, there's no airbrushing here folks, this is what reality is like for many. I hope she continues to find meaning to her life and I intend to do the same.

Hywel Morgan Start Stillwater Fly Fishing [DVD]
Hywel Morgan Start Stillwater Fly Fishing [DVD]

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, too compact and lacking information, 20 Oct 2012
This DVD is aimed at beginnners intended as an introduction to fly fishing, a no-nonsense approach is taken and the man sounds convincing enough at first glance. However, if you've got at least a rudimentary knowledge of fly fishing, you'll realise however that it lacks information in many areas touched upon and dedicates a disproportionate amount of time to (to a beginner). About a third of the DVD is dedicated to fly-making - far more than that dedicated to fly casting, which I found disappointing, I realy think fly-making is something only a more advanced angler should consider, most beginners and even intermediates would be happy to buy ready-made flies, however if you'd like to know how to make the Cat's Whisker and the Peacock's Spider flies and have all the equipment necessary, then by all means buy this DVD. Furthermore, there wasn't any mention of the fishing environment i.e. the water systems/terrain/fish habitat, which given the title "stillwater" was misleading, the title could have equally been called "start fly fishing", the "stillwater" being a redundant term here.

On the positive, there are useful pieces of advice here and there - a sophisticated method of tying the leader to the line is one example. There's also great entertainment in places, the DVD is peppered with trout catches and dreary music.

There are better DVDs for beginners out there, this one is too short and compressed and lacking in fudamental areas such as fly casting. If you were hoping to be informed on the basics of stillwater fly fishing, you'd be sourly disappointed. Don't buy this DVD, better to buy a DVD dedicated to only to one concept e.g. fly-casting/fishing environment/fly-making, because this DVD at most provides you with only a flavour of those.

Desktop Sync Cradle 2nd Battery Charger For HTC Desire (Bravo)
Desktop Sync Cradle 2nd Battery Charger For HTC Desire (Bravo)

2.0 out of 5 stars HTC Desire doesn't fit with larger replacement battery!, 24 Feb 2011
Anyone who has bought a HTC Desire will realise that the battery life leaves much to be desired and many have opted to buy a larger replacement battery which includes an extra back-cover to the mobile which is slightly wider to the standard cover. Unfortunately, the mobile won't fit into the cradle socket as the replacement cover leaves it misaligned. So don't bother buying this cradle if you're using a larger replacement battery such as a 2400mAh battery.

Another point, the cradle I received was not the same as shown in the photo, the holder was flat with very little back-support, which admittedly wasn't a problem, the standard mobile (without the replacment battery) sat safely within the holder and didn't fall out. But the photos were misleading, at least to me.

Also, the USB cable used to connect to the AC adaptor was 25cm shorter relative to the standard one you receive when buying the mobile which must be kept in mind when positioning the cradle. I would have preferred extra length.