Profile for J. Davis > Reviews

Content by J. Davis

J. Davis "Bee fan" (STRATFORD, London United Kingdom)

Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS]
Cherfitness: A New Attitude [VHS]
VHS
Offered by stephensmith_426

5.0 out of 5 stars Why no DVD?, 6 May 2009
This is a truly fantastic workout. I bought the tape when it first came out and it helped me lose weight and tone up. However, you know how it is you get lazy and pile the pounds on again!

I thought I would try and see if I could get this tape on a DVD format. I have searched high and low but no luck. You'd think this tape being as popular as it was at the time, would think: 'Hey you know what? We can re-package and sell this on a DVD!' but noooo, nobody has. I really want this on DVD can nobody help?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2009 3:35 PM BST

Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Cookbook
Levi Roots' Reggae Reggae Cookbook
by Levi Roots

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Jamaica..., 18 July 2008
Ahh... The memories of my mothers cooking when she was alive came flooding back once I purchased this book. I know how to cook the recipes but I wanted to have the book as a momento as I never write my recipies down.

It isn't just a cookbook, the book interspersed with stories of Levi's upbring and his adventures as a young man.He is an amazing man just like a lot of older Jamaicans. There are also beautiful pictures of the island rickety old signs that have fallen down but still manage to sucessfully advertise the spicy, delicious food to be had in the next building, lol.

This book is lovely. A pleasure to have at my house and the recipes are all authentic, rustic Jamaican cooking. It actually makes you feel good. Break out the rum punch and have a pattie cooked and prepared by your own hand and you'll never look back.

Enjoy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2008 10:49 PM BST

Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Basic Yoga Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter video for novices, 22 April 2008
I bought this DVD after being intially unfamilar with the laws of yoga but being desperate to learn.

I found the explainations in the DVD excellent and it's perfect for the uninitiated. Each move is explained in detail so you get to learn the poses properly before moving onto something more edifying.

I would highly recommend this DVD for beginners. My only slight disappointment with it was that the instructor didn't do the whole routine without instruction after showing us the the basic poses. I would have loved to have seen whether I could go through the whole routine without comment from her. Still very good if you're new to yoga though.

B'day
B'day
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot! Hot! Hot!-Get it!, 7 Sep 2006
This review is from: B'day (Audio CD)
I love this album. I think it is way better than Dangerously in Love(DIL) and I liked that album. DIL was about love and romance this is more about taking control and knowing what you want. I am so glad that Beyonce didn't make this new album all saccahrin ballads. This album is edgier and more street,it's darker and shows simply that she is growing up and is not a little girl anymore, she is expanding the music repetoire. I read all the rumours on the internet and to be honest, I was nervous. Could she follow DIL? Would this album be as good?. I may be biased because I am a huge fan, but this album has not disappointed. It is excellent. She has done it and done it in style.

1. Deja Vu-This has great energy, I think Miss Bee wanted to make an impact with her first single and she certainly did, this was a great first single. It reminded me of Crazy in Love that same kind of energy but Bee stamps her mark on it. 8/10

2. Get me bodied-Wanna shake ya booty? Put this track on, it has a infectious beat and you won't wanna sit down! 9/10

3. Suga Mama-Are you in any doubt that Bee can sing? Well, this track is fantastic, it suits her voice perfectly and leaves you panting for more. 'Let me be your suga mama' She sings, whooo!Wonderful slice of classic RnB This track is the dogs. I can't stop playing this 10/10

4. Upgrade U- I love this track. Many have said that it is has a slightly strange beat but it rocks, slightly down beat but Beyonce even makes this sounds sexy! 8/10

5.Ring the Alarm- People will either love or hate this track, needless to say, I love it. Very different and boy, Bee is really mad at someone they better watch it! LOL. 8/10

6. Kitty Kat-This is very sexy, sultry and more what traditionalists would expect, but it showcases her transitions from little girl to all out vamp. 7/10

7. Freekum Dress- Hmmm, I didn't really get on with this one at first took a few plays but once it hits you it is a very cool track. 7/10

8. Green Light- Infectious tune, get up on the dance floor with this one, very good RnB slice. 8/10

9. Irreplaceble- Very clever song, in the 'who do you think you are?' mode every girl who has ever sat down listening to a guy brag about how great he is will relate to this song. 9/10

10. Resentment-Ever been really hurt? This says it all. 8/10

11-Check on it- You've all heard it and know the deal with it. 8/10

All in all, this is a well rounded album fans will expect one thing and she delivers another but that is a good thing she will also gain new fans with this album, she is trying to be different and not one dimensional, it showcases what she has done in the past, but what she can do in the future. If you don't get this you are missing an RnB classic. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Spongebob Squarepants: Nautical Nonsense / Sponge Buddies [DVD] [2000]
Spongebob Squarepants: Nautical Nonsense / Sponge Buddies [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Tom Kenny

5.0 out of 5 stars Nautical Madness!, 17 Oct 2003
Last year my son was the only person in his school who liked the little yellow sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea. This year that number has grown to about 10 people! The little sponge has a new fan too-me!
This DVD is fantastic and will keep the kids quiet for ages! 10 magical episodes bring you lots of nautical naughtyness and barnical madness. Get into the land of Bikini Bottom you know it makes sense! Take a ride with Spongebob and his friends Patrick Starfish, misery-guts Squidward and SandyCheeks the under water squirrel! This DVD is a must for kids of all ages and comes highly recommended. :)