Profile for Ms. L. A. Maxwell > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. A. Maxwell

Ms. L. A. Maxwell

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than on high street, 3 Oct. 2011
I first bought this cream about 2 years ago but as it was a bit more pricey than the average Oil of Olay/L'Oreal products I didnt buy it again til now however I wont scrimp on quality again! This cream actually feels like its working and you dont need to use much. It doesnt smell amazing but it does work!

Wilson Staff White/Black Visors
Wilson Staff White/Black Visors

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent visor, 16 Mar. 2011
I bought this to wear running to keep the sun off my face as caps were too warm in the summer. Although I couldnt get used to running with it because of the shape (probably of my head!!) and fit (not bad but not snug enough for running) it is still a good all round visor if you just want it for casual wear. I'll probably wear it more on holiday. The fastening at the back makes it a wee bit tricky to adjust the size but I am just old skool and prefer the plastic popper style that used to feature on caps and visors.

Replay Women's Britt Sand Lace Up Trainer GWV14.002.C0014L.049 8 UK
Replay Women's Britt Sand Lace Up Trainer GWV14.002.C0014L.049 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain boots, 16 Mar. 2011
These are really nice boots, excellent quality and much more comfortable than I expected at first. I am usually a size 7.5 or 8 so ordered 8 and they fit perfectly. They are well made and at this price they really are a bargain!

The Tree of Seasons
The Tree of Seasons
by Stephen Gately

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the loveliest books I've ever bought, 27 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Tree of Seasons (Hardcover)
As a Stephen Gately fan, I am probably biased, and I bought this book primarly because he wrote it. However, it really is a lovely book. It is the sort of story that I would imagine reading aloud to someone (not just kids! seriously!)and the way it has been written is sure to strike a chord with many readers as they recall their own childhood days. I havent finished the whole book at this stage but I can already highly recommend it, I think it would be a nice gift too

Standards and Ethics for Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
Standards and Ethics for Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
by Tim Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent resource, 25 Feb. 2010
I bought this book as it was on a reading list to help write an assignment on ethics and it was the most useful book I found. It provided very up-to-date information in an easy to read format. I actually enjoyed reading it which for me, is not often the case when it comes to academic books!Well worth buying.

Auggie Wren's Christmas Story
Auggie Wren's Christmas Story
by Paul Auster

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Christmas, 22 Dec. 2009
This is a lovely short story suitable for anyone! Its a feel-good tale, perfect for a light bedtime read

In Search of Solutions: A New Direction in Psychotherapy
In Search of Solutions: A New Direction in Psychotherapy
by Wh O'hanlon

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter book, 17 Nov. 2009
This book is written in simple language its easily read and understood. It gives relevant examples of psychotherapy sessions/conversations and I think its useful for anyone beginning to learn about psychotherapy

Adidas Megabounce+ 2008 Mens Running Shoes UK Size 7.5 (EU 41 1/3)
Adidas Megabounce+ 2008 Mens Running Shoes UK Size 7.5 (EU 41 1/3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good trainers at a decent price, 6 Oct. 2009
These trainers are very comfortable. I run about 10 miles a few times a week (road surface) and they are exactly what I wanted. They are indeed bouncy!And I think they look pretty good too! There are insoles with the trainers though I havent gotten around to trying them out yet. Definitely would recommend them

Oxford Mini Dictionary and Thesaurus (Dictionary/Thesaurus)
Oxford Mini Dictionary and Thesaurus (Dictionary/Thesaurus)
by Oxford Dictionaries
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 6 Oct. 2009
Great wee reference, comprehensive and compact. I wanted it just to have one handy in the house and it serves its purpose well

The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream
The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream
by Paulo Coelho

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal favourite, 31 May 2009
As cliche as this sounds, this book was recommended to me by a friend at a time when I really needed some reassurance and direction.I'm not saying it changed my life or anything crazy...its just a thoughtful, easy to read book which had me turning the pages, not in excitement exactly, but with a sort of happy intrigue.I really liked this book, its a feel-good read that I think would be enjoyed by all age groups. Hope other readers have gained as much from it as me!