Profile for Abbz (Tracy's daughter) > Reviews

Content by Abbz (Tracy's ...

Abbz (Tracy's daughter)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lucas: Roman (German Edition)
Lucas: Roman (German Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lucas (reviewing the English version), 6 April 2012
An extremely disappointing book, to say the least. The storyline had so much potential, too. In a blunt and heartless context: RUBBISH.

Captivated (An Affliction Novel Book 1)
Captivated (An Affliction Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Was Amazing!, 29 Feb. 2012
I really wasn't expecting this. It was one of the most amazing books I've ever read! When I bought it it was free, though I think it's worth what it costs now. It's really very good.
The last few pages almost made me cry - when Lina got bitten and she cried and wailed that she didn't want to die. Then she stands and her eyes are cold and hard and not Lina's eyes at all. And the last line "I never felt so alone."
It really was a touching book, and I can't wait for the next one - 'Unattainable' - to come out in June!

The Longest Whale Song
The Longest Whale Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 Feb. 2012
Some of the best of Jacky's work! Her writing style is simple yet deep and she writes in the first person, which I like.

A touching story, but not quite touching enough so as it'll make your kid cry in the end...

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking)
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Ask and the Answer..., 24 Feb. 2012
The Ask and the Answer? This book just left me ASKing and finding no ANSWER. I started reading and soon was putting it down. I was lost.

1 and a half stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2013 2:42 PM BST

Gifted: Better Late than Never
Gifted: Better Late than Never

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 23 Feb. 2012
With this book I just couldn't put it down.

I'm trying not to be a spoiler here, but I just want to say that I didn't see Jenny's dad coming and exploiting her like that...

Recommended to all!

Something
Something

2.0 out of 5 stars Something? More like Nothing!, 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Something (Kindle Edition)
I usually like this genre - romance with a pinch of tragedy thrown in - but this book may have put me off altogether. Actually, this can't even be classed as a "book" - more a rubbishy short story you'd find filling up space in Sad Old Women Daily magazine.
The original plot idea is quite good really. Unfortunately, the author was obviously so excited to get this drivel published that they didn't plan it out as intended. It's as if half the story's missing.

Stalking Shadows (The Scary Mary Series Book 2)
Stalking Shadows (The Scary Mary Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As The First One, 5 Feb. 2012
I liked this book, but, like the first of the Scary Mary series, the first chapter didn't capture my attention much. When I got to Chapter 7 it started to get interesting, wheras in the first book Chapter 2 was getting good. Not as good as the first book, but still an entertaining read.

Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)
Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read It In A Night!, 4 Feb. 2012
This book got off to a slow start, but as soon as I got to chapter 2 I couldn't put it down - literally! I read it in a night: 9pm till 12am.
Mary was a really believable character, and I really liked her mean-goth Stay-Away-From-Me-Or-I'll-Punch-You-In-The-Face vibe.

I am currently reading the sequel, Stalking Shadows, and think that is good too. I will definitely be seeing if I can find anything else of this genre by S. A. Hunter.

The Book of Nonsense
The Book of Nonsense

4.0 out of 5 stars Short Witty Poems, 1 Feb. 2012
This book didn't take very long to read. The poems were limericks, which I really like.
I read other readers' reviews; most of them said they were disappointed because of the absence of pictures. I don't mind - probably because I have never seen the illustrated version.
The only thing I didn't like was that the book was too short. I would have happily read it if it was 100 pages long!
I think this book deserves four stars, and I am very upset that some people think that having no pictures makes a book less interesting.

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1)
Invisible (Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Jan. 2012
I hated this book! I couldn't read past chapter 3- I can't believe some readers got to chapter 7! Stunned that others have rated this highly.

At first I thought Ivy and Thea were young girls, but then realized that they were RELIGIOUS OLD LADIES!!! I am not interested in the rest of the series and will not be reading anymore by this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3