Profile for Sherrie > Reviews

Content by Sherrie

Sherrie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Large Wooden Soft Padded Cushioned Bean Bag Lap Dinner Laptop Food TV Tray (Bottles)
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin padding, 29 Nov 2014
I bought this lap tray as a Christmas present to be used with laptops as I have one myself. However I was disappointed with the thickness of the padding, the one I've got is much thicker. It will serve the purpose but I would have liked to have had more padding in it.

Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Offered by Prime Furnishing

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Oct 2014
Not overly impressed with this kettle. I bought it as it was a good brand but I quickly found that the lid sometimes leaked when pouring, dangerous with boiling water, and now after less than a year the switch has become temperamental and often won't hold down, as if the thermostat has gone, or is going. It does get a lot of use as I'm retired but with previous kettles I have had them for at least two years and this is the length of time I expect. Also didn't like the half handle, I felt that was a bit dangerous too. I would never have allowed a child to use it.

Something Blue
Something Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Something Blue (MP3 Download)
Neil Diamond as we know and love him. A lovely catchy song. Had my feet tapping almost straight away. I first heard him perform it on The Graham Norton show which I'd recorded. I played it back several times then downloaded it because I loved it! I'll be checking out the album it's from, Melody Road.

The Long Road: My Journey
The Long Road: My Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest look at life, 28 Sep 2014
I love non celebrity memoirs and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I came to know of Paddy Cummins through twitter and as I often retweeted his tweets I got to wonder about how he became involved with horses and Malta. It was lovely to read of his life in Ireland and some of his memories triggered my own - the Ford Prefect, it was my dad's first decent car as I was growing up! I won't spoil it for future readers by disclosing more of the story, read it and enjoy it as I did.
Very well written with an imaginative use of words.

The LEGO Movie 70803: Cloud Cuckoo Palace
The LEGO Movie 70803: Cloud Cuckoo Palace
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 17 Sep 2014
A birthday present for my six year old grandson. Went down very well and he was able to put it together himself.

Bath Book - Count and Travel
Bath Book - Count and Travel
Offered by Bargin Billies

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soft book, 17 Sep 2014
Just a nice sized book for my new granddaughter as a stocking filler for Christmas. She'll be six months old by then and this soft book will be easy for her to handle and with it's bright pictures will help develop an interest in books from an early age, so important.

2 PAIRS OF OFFICIAL FOOTBALL TEAM SOCKS (6 to 11 MENS, ARSENAL)
2 PAIRS OF OFFICIAL FOOTBALL TEAM SOCKS (6 to 11 MENS, ARSENAL)
Offered by soxwich®

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice socks, 17 Sep 2014
An extra stocking filler for my Arsenal fan son. I've ticked fit as expected because they look the right size but as they are a Christmas gift he hasn't tried them. They are a good quality.

Keep Calm and Love Elephants - Novelty Jumbo Fridge Magnet Gift/Souvenir/Present

5.0 out of 5 stars Elephant extra, 17 Sep 2014
A little extra stocking filler for my sister who loves elephants.

A Kangaroo Court
A Kangaroo Court

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Kangaroo Court (Kindle Edition)
It would be unfair to say I enjoyed a book in which a man's career, livelihood and reputation were put on the line but I found it very interesting. Being from neither a legal nor medical background I didn't understand all of the technicalities but what I did relate to was being placed before a panel of incompetents who knew nothing about my situation. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword, one stroke of it decides someone's life. The doctor in the story was put through a very traumatic time and treated with a contempt he did not deserve. I hope that he feels he has had the last word by writing of his experience in this book, albeit fiction based on fact. I wish him well both in his career as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and as a writer.

Ladies Summer Beach Slip On Mule Flip Flop Sandals Size 3 to 8 UK (5 UK / 38 EURO, Blue)
Offered by sakclothing

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty and bouncy, 14 Sep 2014
I bought these mules as an alternative to slippers in the summer. I had had toweling mules that would wash and dry quickly and although they were great the soles were only thin and I need a bit of bounce to act as shock absorbers for my arthritic knees! These were great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16