Profile for Sherrie > Reviews

Bath & Wall Sealing Strip 38mm x 3.35m
Bath & Wall Sealing Strip 38mm x 3.35m
Offered by Fasun

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing., 30 Jun. 2016
Easy to apply - too easy! It took minutes, room and tiles had been dry for hours, I stuck it down well. It looked great, I was really pleased. I went back an hour later and it had lifted at the ends or slid down the wall. What to do now?!

My Alien Self: My Journey Back to Me (Memoirs of Amanda Green Book 1)
My Alien Self: My Journey Back to Me (Memoirs of Amanda Green Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very candid account., 19 Jun. 2016
I have always enjoyed non celebrity memoirs, reading about how 'normal' people deal with what life throws at them and I enjoyed this one too. I'm not a psychologist so I won't even try to delve deeply into the author's head but I thought it was an honest and open account of her struggles with her mental health.
There were some parts of the book that I found I could relate to. She mentions invisible illness. I suffer from M.E which is a physical illness but by its very nature produces mental health issues like anxiety and depression. As with many illnesses you may look well on the outside whilst struggling with many different symptoms that others cannot see.
The author has led such a varied life with lots of exciting travels. I did get a bit confused at times where she was which is why I didn't give a 5* but that is probably down to my own concentration difficulties and no detriment to the author.

Applause (The Dudley Sisters Saga Book 2)
Applause (The Dudley Sisters Saga Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable., 19 Jun. 2016
The second book in the Dudley Sisters saga, this story focused on Margaret - Margot - in her desire to become a performing artist during WWII.
It was very interesting to read about life in the theatre during that era. When I read the author's biography at the end of the book I imagined her calling upon her own life experiences as an actress, albeit they were later. I thought that Margot was rather selfish although a likeable character and her husband Bill was very tolerant. She has a choice to make though as the story progresses.
I won't divulge more of the story as I am always wary of giving too much away when writing a review. Suffice to say I really enjoyed it as I did Foxden Acres. It is very interesting to follow the lives of the four sisters and their wartime experiences. I'll be adding the other two books to my to be read list.

Barcelona Kick Trick
Barcelona Kick Trick
Offered by Monkey Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny., 15 Jun. 2016
It would have been a lovely ball if it had been a bit bigger. I thought it was going to be one of those small footballs as it said mini. Id say more like micro. I got it to keep at my house for my grandson but I have both of my sons dogs periodically and if they got it they could choke on it it's so small. I might give it to him to take home as long as he keeps it away from the dog. It is well made and would be lovely if it was the next size up.

One Breath ~ (A Short Story & Extras): The Rose ~ Symbolism, Myths & Legends
One Breath ~ (A Short Story & Extras): The Rose ~ Symbolism, Myths & Legends

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving story, 12 May 2016
Beautiful, beautiful story. It brought a tear to my eye. It begins with a car accident on a country road, takes us through the story of the couple and the ending is totally unexpected and very moving. Very well and sensitively written. So glad I downloaded it.

Slug Tape Copper Tape Repellent 20mm X 4m Long - 1 Roll
Slug Tape Copper Tape Repellent 20mm X 4m Long - 1 Roll
Offered by DIRECT PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and efficient., 8 April 2016
So far Ive found this to work well. I tested it first on some lettuce leaves in a plant saucer and they were untouched. Ive since put it round the plants and so far so good. Its easy to tear so you dont have to carry scissors around and much cheaper than the copper bands. Ive just ordered some more.

Pet Dog Cat Supplies Food Feeding Scoop Plastic Random Color
Pet Dog Cat Supplies Food Feeding Scoop Plastic Random Color
Offered by CHIC*MALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 1 April 2016
I wanted this to scoop compost into pots and tubs as it's a back breaking job and I was using a plastic jug that broke, or a trowel which took forever. Much better with this and less backache!

Wahl 2 Slice Toaster Cool Touch White ZX515
Wahl 2 Slice Toaster Cool Touch White ZX515

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 1 April 2016
Very good. Arrived quickly, well packaged and does the job.

JW » Dog Toy » Pet Hol-ee Roller » Size 3.5
JW » Dog Toy » Pet Hol-ee Roller » Size 3.5
Offered by Crocodile Stores Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 1 April 2016
My doggy grandson loves it and it stands up to tug o war games. A good idea too with the holes as I don't like playing with balls with them as a friend's dog choked on a ball. Lots of dog toys are easily destroyed but this seems pretty sturdy.

Pair Of Solid Cast Iron Rabbit Garden Ornaments
Pair Of Solid Cast Iron Rabbit Garden Ornaments
Offered by Gardens2you

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute., 1 April 2016
Lovely addition to my garden and reminiscent of our rabbits now gone.Good and sturdy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20