Profile for Sherrie > Reviews

Content by Sherrie

Sherrie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
M.E. and me: Chronic Fatigue: My Recovery After 10 Years.
M.E. and me: Chronic Fatigue: My Recovery After 10 Years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A concise account of living with this debilitating illness., 21 Jun. 2015
I was told of this book by a friend as I have suffered from M.E for 20 years. I am always interested in hearing other people's experiences of the illness and of any recoveries.

I related to this book straight away, the struggle to continue to work to provide for family, the determination to be well when the illness and your body have other ideas, the financial problems, everything. I suffer from frequent, debilitating headaches so reading is a problem and it takes a long time to read a book but this was short and to the point with sufficient breaks to easily put it down and pick it up again.

It was well written and the author's experience clearly explained and it would be encouraging to both sufferers and carers alike as his wife and daughter add their feelings during his illness.

All memoirs on this illness are helpful in raising awareness of it. I only wish they'd be read by the medical profession so that they could actually get a picture of the every day lives of sufferers and how devastating it is to lose your life as you'd previously known it. Maybe then they'd treat it as a real illness.

Some of the proceeds from this book are going to the M.E charity Action for M.E.

The Look 4 Books Medley of Short Stories
The Look 4 Books Medley of Short Stories

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 12 Jun. 2015
I have to say I was a little disappointed in this short story collection. I am a participant myself so obviously can't pass comment on my own story, that is for others to do but I had been looking forward to the book's release.

Some of the stories I enjoyed and thought were very well written: H.E.Joyce, Maureen Turner, Tina K. Burton, Nicci Rae, Anne L.Harvey and several others. However there were a minority of stories that I felt lacked substance, no beginning, middle and end and no apparent purpose.

Of course reading is subjective and this is only my opinion, others will differ. I thank the people who put in a lot of effort to bring it to publication and I hope it raises some money for the two charities. Incidentally, it wasn't aimed at the charities for content, as seemed to be misunderstood in another review, only the proceeds to support those charities.

The Man Who Makes The Clouds (Teddy and Tilly's Travels Book 1)
The Man Who Makes The Clouds (Teddy and Tilly's Travels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice view of clouds, 11 Jun. 2015
A charming story that will make children look at clouds in an alternative way. Just a nice length to keep them interested and give them something to wonder about as they lie on their backs looking at them on a summer's day or watching the snow in winter. Could maybe stimulate an interest in the weather!

Chakra Healing: Guided Meditation and Creative Visualization
Chakra Healing: Guided Meditation and Creative Visualization

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully calming, 17 May 2015
I'd give it ten stars if I could! I suffer from M.E/C.F.S which effects the nervous system. I've been told from another source to meditate twice a day so I wanted to download something to my kindle that I could do in bed first thing in a morning and last thing at night. This is great for that.

It is guided in a light, female American voice, very soothing. She incorporates Archangel Michael as a healing influence and focuses on the chakras, which I always find helpful to stop my mind from straying onto other things. It is supported by lovely soothing music and overall has a very calming effect. It has helped me sleep and also helped to calm the anxiety to a point, both of which play a part in my symptoms.

Highly recommend it for anyone needing to calm their nervous system.

Manchester United F.C. Slippers Junior 12/13
Manchester United F.C. Slippers Junior 12/13
Offered by ndlwholesale

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing on the large side, 13 April 2015
These were a Christmas present for my grandson who at the time was in a size 1 shoe so originally I ordered size 1-2. They were huge! As I couldn't get him to try them on because of ruining the surprise I took a chance and returned them and re ordered the size 12-13 which fortunately fitted him well.

Optic white terry bathrobes in L/XL
Optic white terry bathrobes in L/XL
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is way off, 13 April 2015
This item was even smaller than the size 10 I ordered it to replace.

Anker® USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card, Support UHS-I Cards, 18 Months Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right., 10 Mar. 2015
This was just what I was looking for! I'd been given a digital photo frame as a gift with an SDHC memory card but my laptop doesn't have a slot for a memory card so I needed an adapter and this was just the thing. Lots more photos added. Great!

House of Shadows
House of Shadows

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary!, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: House of Shadows (Kindle Edition)
I have read this author's work before and I like her writing style. It is wonderfully descriptive with some lovely imagery, she certainly has an imaginative use of language.

I won't disclose too much of the story. It is a chilling ghost story where the past and present are expertly though subtly linked. There are episodes of possession which I wouldn't have liked to read before going to bed!! It kept me gripped all the way through.

A thoroughly intriguing and beautifully written story.

Large Wooden Soft Padded Cushioned Bean Bag Lap Dinner Laptop Food TV Tray (Bottles)
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin padding, 29 Nov. 2014
I bought this lap tray as a Christmas present to be used with laptops as I have one myself. However I was disappointed with the thickness of the padding, the one I've got is much thicker. It will serve the purpose but I would have liked to have had more padding in it.

Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18770 Futura Kettle
Offered by Trendi

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Oct. 2014
Not overly impressed with this kettle. I bought it as it was a good brand but I quickly found that the lid sometimes leaked when pouring, dangerous with boiling water, and now after less than a year the switch has become temperamental and often won't hold down, as if the thermostat has gone, or is going. It does get a lot of use as I'm retired but with previous kettles I have had them for at least two years and this is the length of time I expect. Also didn't like the half handle, I felt that was a bit dangerous too. I would never have allowed a child to use it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17