Profile for Keril > Reviews

Knife Of Dreams: Book 11 of the Wheel of Time
Knife Of Dreams: Book 11 of the Wheel of Time
by Robert Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Jordan keeps rolling, 27 Jan 2006
Another work in a series that I just wish would be over. I started with it back in the beginning, oh so many years ago. While it's true I do enjoy it, I like a much more lively story, one that flows quick with many different challenges for the main character to hurdle. I will stay with him until the end, I don't dare give up on him this late in the game.
Another book I'd also reccomend is The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt. This one rocks from the end of the first chapter and never really slows. It takes you from high mountain passes to underground caverns and battle after battle, Quite exciting.

The Chronicles of Narnia Boxed Set (The Chronicles of Narnia)
The Chronicles of Narnia Boxed Set (The Chronicles of Narnia)
by C. S. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it for years, 27 Jan 2006
My son recently has been introduced to Narnia, and he loves it every bit as much as I did. The best thing about them is that they give you a grand adventure yet don't have graphic violence or sex. Many new authors seem to be gravitating to that. this is the primary reason I let my son begin reading it.
Another good adventurous series without undue viloence or sex is The Unsuspecting Mage by Brian S. Pratt. This book is set in another world where a teen from our is thrust into the middle of a struggle going on for ages. He doesn't know why or what he's supposed to be doing, plus he has to figure out how to work magic merely to survive. Give it a try, you'll not be disappointed.

The Unsuspecting Mage: Book One of the Morcyth Saga
The Unsuspecting Mage: Book One of the Morcyth Saga
by Brian S Pratt

4.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks!, 27 Jan 2006
I loved this book. this is one book that kept me intrested, so many of late haven't. From one battle to the next. From the top of the mountains to an underground secret cave with a thrill ride at the end that takes your breath away.
they go through secret doors, fight demonic forces and all the while try to figure out what is going on.
One thing I liked about this book is there aren't too many main characters. It follows just one guy, James primarily, so you don't get confused about who's doing what. Not to say other things aren't going on, its just that if James doesn't know what's going on, you don't either. I like not knowing what the bad guy is up to until it's too late.
One of the best books I've read in a while. True, it's a little rough but i think what's going on overcomes any of that. It's the beginning of an exciting adventure I'm planning on seeing through to the end.

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince: Children's Edition (Harry Potter 6)
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince: Children's Edition (Harry Potter 6)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars another steller work, 27 Jan 2006
A series that can stimulate the imagination of children and encourage them to read is thing of beauty. Not only does this book appeal to the younger set, but us older guys too. I've been reading fantasy now for twenty years and this series has held my attention throughout.
Another story I'd reccomend is a new guy, Brian S. Pratt. In his debut novel he creates a world where a young man is pulled from this one and deposited without any idea why or what he's to do. Full of action, magic and war, James(the hero) sets out in search of answers.