Profile for Lucy Stewart > Reviews

Lucy Stewart "luce1747"

Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Tracker and Sleep Wristband - Slate

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressive, 21 Mar. 2015
I've had my flex a week and I am really happy with it so far. I chose the flex as I don't need the bells and whistles of a more advanced model - I also like the fact that the flex is more discrete on your arm, and you can get different coloured bands. The iPhone app makes setup and viewing the data very easy.

The step tracker seems accurate - I can walk around the house and watch as the steps are added to my app. I like how you can set your own goals or use the ones recommended by fitbit - I adjusted mine for the amount of weight I want to lose, and set a lower step goal which I will increase as I get more active. I have synced it with myfitnesspal, and this means it gives me a complete picture of my calories in / calories out balance. It is very motivating and stops me overeating because I can see exactly how many calories I have burned (and are expected to burn) that day. It's also great for motivating me to get out for a walk when I'm otherwise having a very sedentary day.

The sleep tracker is also interesting - it shows how restless I was during the night and so gives a sense of the quality of sleep. The flex lasted 7 days from a full charge to getting a low battery warning. Definitely recommended for improving your fitness.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy but oh so catchy!, 15 Jan. 2003
It definitely helps to be an avid Buffy fan to appreciate this CD. Once More, With Feeling is one of my favourite episodes of Buffy and so I was always destined to love the soundtrack. Among its gems are Under Your Spell - a classic love song with a gay twist that's better than most of what gets into the pop charts - and Walk Through the Fire - truly great in the theatrical musical style, with full group harmonies. My only gripe with the album is that I would probably enjoy some parts of it more if they were sung by professionals, for example Sarah Michelle Gellar happily admits that she has more talent for acting than for singing. On the other hand, the amateur and unusual quality of this CD is what makes it special. If you do buy it take the time to read Joss Whedon's passage before the lyrics - it made me realise that Once More, With Feeling has more behind it than the makers of Buffy goofing around. I'd love to see these songs adapted into a full length stage show - come on Joss, think of it as another interesting project!
A word of warning: if you buy this you will love it, but your friends may not, and you may be seen as pretty geeky listening to songs from a TV show. The good thing is, you won't care, because once you own this album you'll be completely addicted. I've got to go now because I haven't listened to it for 15 mins and I'm getting withdrawl symptoms...