Profile for Fordy Finn > Reviews

Content by Fordy Finn

Fordy Finn "Agent Finn" (Sheffield, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Twelve [DVD]
Twelve [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Fitzgeral

1.0 out of 5 stars Urgh!, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Twelve [DVD] (DVD)
First 10 mins in & it looked promising... It wasn't! Don't waste your eyeballs or money on this! Try The Tortured instead :)

Cannibal [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Cannibal [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Carsten Frank

4.0 out of 5 stars Woah!, 11 Aug 2010
What a bizarre but wicked little piece of cinema. As the previous person said this film chews you up & spits you out the other end. I've seen some gore fests but this has to take top notch. Theres not much dialogue, in fact I think its something like 20mins before any one utters a word but really it doesnt need it. It just draws you in from the beginning and you just wonder where its going to go. The 2 actors wander round naked for most of the film although not in a gratuitous way, but then the Germans arent as uptight about nudity/sexuality as the English. My boyfriend couldnt watch some scenes possibly as they involved the mutilation of the male sex organ!! ha ha! If you like an arty type film but with gore then try this!

Irreversible [DVD] [2003]
Irreversible [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Monica Bellucci
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Sick & twisted?, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Irreversible [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Nah! The only thing that is sick & twisted about this movie is the first ½ hr or so where the camera work made me feel sick! The start (end) of the movie is extremely annoying as the camera views twist and turn and you cant see what the hell is going on, its also too dark in the club and the hideous music whirring in the back ground does nothing to help matters. That said, I thought the film was clever, I loved the idea of showing the outcome first and going back to the sticky sickly 'sweet' beginning... ok I admit I'm female & it left me going... 'ahhh bless her (sniff sniff) ' The infamous 'rape' scene was quite long but NOT gratuitous in any way (I felt). It was a change to not have the victims bits & bobs shoved in your face via the camera and were for most of the shot covered up (hoorah for her!!!). So if you are after gore, sick demented movie stuff, then dont bother with this it's not happening here.
If you want a piece of out there twisty french cinema with a purpose, check it out. It only lost out on another star due to the annoying camera work otherwise I would have given it 4 stars. Want a truly disturbing movie?.... Watch MARTYRS that stuck with me for days after!!

The Girl Next Door [DVD]
The Girl Next Door [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Atherton

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor Sylvia, 24 July 2010
This review is from: The Girl Next Door [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly why did reviewer 'Hello' watch this DVD if they thought it shouldnt have been made???
I was buying some other DVD's when I bought this & told my sister come round I've bought a ghost story (whoops, added wrong film to my basket), but saying that I'm glad I did! I had never heard of this case so seeing this film (yes it was very sad & harrowing) has had me trawling the internet all day to find out the real (well as real as you can get) story. If we don't see/read about these things they go un-noticed, so although it would appear that the makers of this film have 'used' poor Sylvias torture for their gain, some people wouldnt have known it ever happened. Hope that makes sense. RIP Sylvia

Dead Girl [DVD] [2006]
Dead Girl [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Shiloh Fernandez

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 star because cant give it none!, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Dead Girl [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Utter utter tripe! Actors look like they were scraped from the bottom of the left overs barrel and story is laughable. Will appeal to 13yr old saddo little boys and males with no brains! Avoid!

Hellbilly Deluxe 2
Hellbilly Deluxe 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Words cannot describe!, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Hellbilly Deluxe 2 (Audio CD)
This is the worst RZ album ever! Been buying Rob/WZombie albums from the start and loved almost all of them, but this !!! I agree with the other dude, I cant listen to each track all the way through either. I've had it on in my car for a whole week and I just need to flog it on to some other poor sap. I love you Rob (and this CD aint gonna change that) but please lets lighten up on the next recordings, this was just boring, droning, drivel!

Boogeyman 2 [DVD]
Boogeyman 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tobin Bell
Offered by orbitingbooks

1.0 out of 5 stars Boringman 2!, 5 Jun 2010
This review is from: Boogeyman 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not quite sure what these reviewers see as a 'horror' movie. I bought this on the basis of these reviews and after watching it I can only surmise that these reviewers wrote what they did because they had the film to sell and wanted rid of it. Please dont waste your time, money or eyes on this piece of drivel. If you are a hardened horror fan stay well clear. The story is appalling and Tobin Bell seems to have been cast just to reel the Saw fans in. The film relies on a couple of gore effects and nothing more. We were ready to turn it off after 40mins as it was just boredom city.

Funny Games [DVD] [2007]
Funny Games [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Tim Roth

5.0 out of 5 stars Where are your manners?, 17 Mar 2010
This review is from: Funny Games [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Excellent movie! What a refreshing change from the hum drum 'chav' violence we are battered with these days. These two 'well mannered' lads are just not what you expect to be terrorising a small family in their upmarket Hamiltons summer home. Love Naomi Watts and the little boy playing her son did a mighty fine job too. Dont expect gore, nudity or much in the line of bad language cos you wont find it here. Like I said refreshing change. Excellent movie... cant say much else! see it!

Martyrs [DVD]
Martyrs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Morjane Alaoui

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 14 Jan 2010
This review is from: Martyrs [DVD] (DVD)
Woah! What a movie. Never before have I seen a horror film that has made me feel so sad, angry and unnerved. Sad for the poor victim, angry at one of the abusers and un-nerved as to what the victims went through. You will see what I mean if you watch this. Its a powerful, brutal & un-relentless piece of cinema. I bought a copy thinking I could watch it and sell it on... No way it's a movie to add to my collection of 'great' horrors. Loved it loved it! If only Hollywood could make them this good, let's hope they dont get their grubby little hands on it & try & do their own 'remake'. ps re: ealier review, there's nothing wrong with Rob Zombies music or movies!! he just gets a little over zealous sometimes on the 80's type horror.

A Haunting - Series 4 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [NTSC]
A Haunting - Series 4 [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Anthony D. Call
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent spooky fun, 7 Jun 2009
If you like tales of things that go bump in the night then this is for you! They are 'supposedly' true encounters re-enacted by actors, with snippets of interviews with the real people involved in the case. Dont be expecting gore as that isnt the name of the game..it's not a Hollywood movie. Some of the stories will make you think when you go to bed at night & peek over the covers! Most Haunted pales in comparison to this. Give it a whirl, I have all the series and some box sets are better than others. Worth collecting if you're into Ghosts & Demonic Posession.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8