Profile for Zafrina064 > Reviews

Zafrina064

The Beauty Chorus
The Beauty Chorus

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Beauty Chorus (Kindle Edition)
Ok, this book has some faults (would they really be eating food like that?!) but I have to give it a 5/5 because as a fiction book this ticked all the boxes for me. I really enjoyed it and it kept me interested until the very end. Very rarely do I give anything 5/5 (I think I have only given one other book this rating) but its a good page turner that sparked both tears and cheers from me.

Poppy's War
Poppy's War

4.0 out of 5 stars Poppy's war, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Poppy's War (Paperback)
I stumbled across Lily Baxter by happy accident. I got this enjoying after 'We'll meet again' and 'Spitfire girl' because I just love the way she writes. Can't bring myself to give it a 5/5 just because I love 'We'll meet again' that tiny bit more but this is still top notch. The characters are so believable I couldn't help getting swept up in story. Can't wait for her next book!

Spitfire Girl
Spitfire Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Spitfire Girl (Paperback)
Brought this straight after reading Lily Baxter's 'We'll meet again'. It's a really good book and it has you turning the page. Can't bring myself to give it a 5/5 just because I love 'We'll meet again' that tiny bit more but this is still an exciting book. I love the way Lily Baxter writes and would highly recommend her books to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: We'll Meet Again (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book as I got completely taken in by the characters and story line. I ended up staying up late one night because I simply had to know what would happen. Hilary Green has a lovely easy way of writing. I would recommend this book!

The Girl In The Bunker
The Girl In The Bunker

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm on the fence, 13 Jun. 2012
I'm unsure about this book. I have to admit to picking it up and putting it down a couple of times. It has some great elements as well as really touching moments and I was left with the need to know more about these children and their time in the bunker. It really does make you think about the sad innocent of these children. However I really struggled with the pet names they went by. Perhaps this was done in a way to make them seem more real and innocent/child-like but I thought it was a distraction from the story. I would say it is worth a read though because since finishing it I have looked into the Goebbel's time in the bunker. Once you are into the story and passed the pet names it is a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down ... even at work!, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: We'll Meet Again (Paperback)
I don't want to a review explaining the story line because you really should read it ...!

I stumbled across this book on Amazon as a stroke of luck really. For ages I have been moaning that I hadn't read a great page turner in ages. Recently I've only read good books or books that have been ok but not one to recommend to a friend. However I can honestly say this is the best book I've read in ages and I've given it to a friend to read. I really couldn't put it down, I ended having to read it at work because I need to know what happened to Meg! This book made me smile, cry and and turn the page. Its so nicely written that the enjoyment is effortless. I'll be reading the authors next books ASAP!