Profile for Gobberz > Reviews

Content by Gobberz

Gobberz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Chancellorsville (Rise of the Confederacy Trilogy Book 1)
Chancellorsville (Rise of the Confederacy Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW, 27 May 2015
Downloaded this a few months ago. I really enjoyed it. It told a story from the point of view of important characters who were there. I like that it shows Lee's tactical genius, and how much his troops loved him.

There was plenty of action and much bloodshed. I'd recommend this book!

Only issue, some bad grammatical errors throughout.

Over by Christmas: The Retreat from Mons
Over by Christmas: The Retreat from Mons

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 18 May 2015
I've had this book on my Kindle for a while. As I have been reading physical books recently I came back to my kindle and decided to read this one. It's b was, actually a very good book.

There was enough action to interest readers who are interested in war, and military history. I liked that the death of a parent set in motion an interesting career for the main character, Harry
He seemed a quieter type whom you wouldn't expect to enact levels of bravery of intelligence that he did. He changes quite a bit from the beginning and, you really get behind him.

There were great supporting characters like Carmichael and Thomson, which in many respects guide Harry along, and made him who he is.

I do have some small issues. What then, happened to his father's body? We headed nothing about it after Harry went to war. What happen to the girl Harry met at the Inn? Why did she ignore Harry's letters? Had she died or, had she met someone else? And Carmichael, when he went off to find his unit, did he find them?

Other than these questions, I would recommend this read. It was an enjoyable read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2015 11:16 AM BST

Winds of Change (Empires Lost Book 2)
Winds of Change (Empires Lost Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Feb. 2015
I read the first boom about 2 years ago and really enjoyed the time travel concept. I enjoyed the mix of the future and the past.

Book 2 continues this although, 2 years after the German invasion of Britain. The mix of the past and future as well as the Germans of our time who help the Nazis win the war - how these are confronted by the Holocaust.

I dislike it though, when chapters are over an hour long but actually last longer than stated plus, some sections go in for longer than necessary.

I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next book

Time War: Invasion
Time War: Invasion

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 15 Jan. 2015
Bought this a few months ago, and read it pretty quickly and really enjoyed it. The story was fast-paced and I thought the story could have been longer but, it worked.

A fast-paced, and well developed story. The characters works I thought Corwin and his WWII counterpart (forget his name). The characters though a little stuck up because of their own self-belief in their superiority but nonetheless, interesting.

Looking forward to the next istalment.

The Shield: a novel
The Shield: a novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Revide, 21 Dec. 2014
Well, I can say it was a great book. I am NOT a great fans of Israel and, it seems to be too pro-Israel!

It shows a world where Israel is the dominant technological pose and are willing to take on 6+ million Jews as refugees.

Good book, good research but more convincing would be better

The Valkyrie Option
The Valkyrie Option

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 21 Dec. 2014
Firstly, I would suggest this is a very good, well-thought boom that was well researched. Two small but important divergent points lead to the decapitation of the Nazi leadership that results in a different war a war about buying time to prevent Stalin taking all of Poland and Germany.

Now, I did not give it 5 stars as;

1. Roosevelt is far to naive about Stalin,
2. I think Montgomery could have been betrayed better and,
3. The grammar and punctuation in this book was atrocious throughout.

Other than that, I really did enjoy this book.

Custer at the Alamo
Custer at the Alamo

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 8 Dec. 2014
I had this book in my Kindle for nearly two years before getting around to it. Well, it was a great read, having my own opinions of Custer, this was an alternative that I really enjoyed reading.

It shows Custer being Damon lucky and really, changing the future of what we know as the US possibly, for the better.

A great read, interesting story, well researched and well written. Try it out!

King Edward the Last
King Edward the Last

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 3 Dec. 2014
An interesting book with a interesting premise. I'll leave this review short.

Though I think the book could have been written better, it was overall a good read. How is Britain, was this an alternative history or, a figment of someone's imagination?

Pretty gold read if a little short, try it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2015 7:23 PM BST

Invasion 1944
Invasion 1944

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Invasion 1944 (Kindle Edition)
The premise of a world where the US was invaded by Germany is in interesting one. I must also state that the layout of the book was good but;

Firstly, the grammar wasn't that good and should be updated.

Second, the very idea of Britain being walked over in a matter of days is foolish. Churchill would likely have stayed but, the logic of Churchill and a large chunk of the British Military leaving for Canada to fight another day bears some logic.

Third, this book makes it look like the USA rules and is the saviour of mankind. I suppose that the USA would have been democracies only hope at this time as it was the only nation not conquered to be able to tackle Germany AND Japan (with the premise of USSR) having fallen.

This book however does show the premise on how things would turn out if Hitler hadn't declared war on the US and, if Hitler had gone for Moscow.

One final things, though the USA ultimately wins, no mention of Japanese surrender is shown.

Great Spring Ambitions (The Imperial Timeline Book 2)
Great Spring Ambitions (The Imperial Timeline Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 26 Nov. 2014
As in the previous books review in stated that a world where world war I was delayed is an interesting idea.

The author continues with some mundane character's through the description of their lives and how they cope with the war and their opinions. I think more action and a little less descriptive 'filler' would have been better.

I do think it's about time Britain gets in on the war though, Russia needs to go on the defensive rather than offensive at the moment and, I would like to know more about what is going on in the USA?

Not a bad book, pretty well written but I think it doesn't deserve 5 Stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14