Profile for Mr. M. J. Underwood > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. J. Unde...

Mr. M. J. Underwood (Hampshire, England)

Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars V good tower defence game, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Kingdom Rush (App)
Towers and enemies are varied. Simple and can be done without spending so far! Recommended. Exactly what you would expect.

Empyrion II: The Siege of Dome
Empyrion II: The Siege of Dome
Price: 3.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little duo, 23 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this sci fi series. I found myself very attached to a couple of the characters and Lawhead has once again built an interesting and mind grabbing world.

The Man in the High Castle (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Man in the High Castle (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Philip K. Dick
Price: 6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Over rated, 6 Mar 2013
I read 182 out of 249 pages and gave up. Quite simply I didn't care what happened after that. I felt very little for the chracters. I never give up on books, but this was just so bland. A waste of an excellent idea. I really don't understand the hype. Each to their own.

The Lost Fleet: Dauntless (Book 1) (Lost Fleet 1)
The Lost Fleet: Dauntless (Book 1) (Lost Fleet 1)
by Jack Campbell
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, make sure you read all the others., 29 Jan 2012
Like I say, read all the books that follow. He doesn't get too bogged down in the tech and focuses mainly on the characters and what they feel and do in situations. I haven't really read anything like this before but after reading all of these books I will certainly look out for them now. They get better as you get to know the different ships and their captains. Full of conspiracy and twists.

Praetorian (Roman Legion II)
Praetorian (Roman Legion II)
by Simon Scarrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, but superb., 29 Jan 2012
This latest book is a bit different from the others in the series with a lot of sneaking and talking as opposed to large battles and raids. I found it more interesting than anything to see two characters who I am so familiar with in such a different situation. Superbly written and it's nice to see Macro and Cato stay true to themselves wherever they may travel to. I am looking forward to the next book! I thought this book would get a mixed reaction because it is quite different from those that came before it, but as always the characters are the strength of these books and they shine through once again.

GALVANISED GARDEN INCINERATOR FIRE BIN GOOD QUALITY NEW
GALVANISED GARDEN INCINERATOR FIRE BIN GOOD QUALITY NEW
Offered by Trendi
Price: 21.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you would expect!, 30 Jun 2011
Good for burning stuff! Fairly sturdy and the feet mean the ground doesn't get too burnt. I also had no problems with delivery or service. Very happy.

Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a Stephen King fan of me, 25 Feb 2007
This review is from: Dreamcatcher (Paperback)
This is the best fiction book I have ever read.

I have never ever cared about a character in any book or film as much as I cared about Duddits. The friendship between the group is the backbone of the story and it makes for a highly emotive plot and some awesome scenes.

The story seemed to go a little wayward in the middle but the last couple of hundred pages are fantastic and full of exciting moments. As with Kings other work you truly become involved with the characters and feel that you know them yourself.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition)
The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition)
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read - an honest review, 25 Feb 2007
I'm somewhat of a new Stephen King fan and so tackling a book of this size was a bit daunting but I did it and throughly enjoyed it. It is long and is tiring in places but the story is worth it.

After I had read it I couldn't help but think about what he could have done differently in the story and what the different characters could have done. Then I realised how good the book was because I knew the characters inside-out and I was completely submerged in the plot.

This book is worth bearing with because it is a true masterpiece. If you read this book the whole way through I guarantee you will have a place in your heart for Frannie, Nick Andros, Larry Underwood and a certain dog for a long, long time.

Forget the poor reviews that slate the book, they are probably made by failed authors who are consumed with envy. The book litterally made me drop my jaw at points and really grabbed a hold of me.