Profile for R. Tully > Reviews

Content by R. Tully

R. Tully "3-3 steppa" (UK)

Blackspur BB-CM110 A4 Cutting Mat
Blackspur BB-CM110 A4 Cutting Mat
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted and lasted, 7 Dec 2012
I'm very pleased with this cutting mat. I've been using in every couple of days for a year and this thing takes everything I throw at it. Great product for such a low price.

Warriors Of Heaven And Earth [DVD] [2004]
Warriors Of Heaven And Earth [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Kiichi Nakai
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 2.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused fairytale., 20 Mar 2006
*Please note* this DVD is dubbed. I found myself changing the language to Cantonese and turning on the English subtitles, in a vain attempt to experience the original film. This I understand is not the original, but if I'm wrong please correct me.
The film does have impressive scenery, but so do most 'epic' films so do not get over excited (unless you are especially interested to see Gobi desert). If you are looking for the amazing colour displays and scenery of Hero, Crouching tiger or Flying daggers do not buy this film, as it will only disappoint. I don't want to give the story away, but the two lead characters put aside their personal obligations because of morality and religion. There are a multitude of other masterpieces to satisfy these criteria.
Toward the end I felt that the director He Ping had lost direction. The film moved clumsily toward a fusion of classic western and Buddhist idealism. Ending with out of place special effects to symbolise the vast power and energy of Buddhism. I'm not condemning this, but I ended up feeling that this was a cheap attempt to justify spending almost two hours fidgeting and wondering... 'Just where is this going?'
It felt like a simple fairytale airbrushed to be an epic masterpiece. It's ideal for a younger audience or a Sunday afternoon film on channel 4.