Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer (Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Queen of the Damned
Queen of the Damned

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 16 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Queen of the Damned (Amazon Video)
I loved the books and Interview with the vampire film, but this movie..? it was dull - I struggled to watch it the whole way through as did my friend watching it with me

WAYFARER
WAYFARER
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars so I thought I would push the boat out and buy her new album Wayfarer and I was immediately taken and I have not stopped listeni, 4 April 2015
This review is from: WAYFARER (Audio CD)
I heard her being interviewed by chance on BBC Radio 2 and I was struck by some of her old tracks on Shake the Tree, so I thought I would push the boat out and buy her new album Wayfarer and I was immediately taken and I have not stopped listening to this album since I bought it and it has fast become my favourite album for the last year. I would recommend it to anyone.I like both CD's, although the acoustic is good for those quiet reflective evenings with a glass of wine and some good company..

Transparent Season 1
Transparent Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing acting, 15 Oct. 2014
Absolutely riveting. This series captivates you and deals with a sensitive subject superbly...
Despite criticism that the main role should have been played by a real life trans woman, don't listen to the haters: Jeffrey Tambor is amazing in this role. His acting is top notch and I can't wait for Series Two

Cuban Fury
Cuban Fury

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film.... Heading for dance classes now, 15 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Cuban Fury (Amazon Video)
I loved this film. It was full of energy and fun and while it might not be considered a classic comedy, I was smiling all the way through.... I'm going to have to find a Salsa class somewhere

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful heart-warming film, 27 April 2014
This is such a touching heart-warming film, I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it to anyone who needs their spirits lifted

Pilot
Pilot

4.0 out of 5 stars Attention grabbing, 4 Mar. 2014
This certainly grabbed my attention. I would like the pilot to take off so we can find out what happened

Milo Greene
Milo Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Mellow and Soothing, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Milo Greene (Audio CD)
I bought this album as it was on special offer at the time. I normally wouldn't but I don't regret it at all. It was a wonderful surprise indeed. The tracks are melodious, mellow and soothing. To describe them, I'd say they were like a more mellow blend of The Beach Boys vs Fleetwood Mac, but at the same time, very different. I love chilling to this album and I'll be looking forward to more of their work

TuneIn Radio Pro
TuneIn Radio Pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
I've been using this app for a while on my other Android devices, so I definitely wanted it for my Kindle Fire HD.

However, for the last few months there has been an update waiting to be installed, and it just won't install at all. This needs to be fixed

Hold Tight
Hold Tight

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Hold Tight (MP3 Download)
I had bought Allen Soberman's other Album First "Searching For My Voice", which I enjoyed very much, so I thought I would try this second album of his and I can honestly say that I was blown away by it. Sure, it will not be to everyone's taste, but this album has kept me warm throughout the winter months!

Archos 501860 Gen9 8 inch Tablet (RAM 512MB, Memory 16GB, Android 3.2) - upgradeable to Android 4.0 / Ice Cream Sandwich
Offered by MCO SUPPLIES UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price..... but flawed by poor battery life, 23 Nov. 2012
I bought this model after comparing a great many "budget" tablets, mainly for the ability to seamlessly add 3G. I've now had this model for 6 months, so here's what I have to say about it:

The Good

While the display is by no means the best, especially when you compare it to modern Tablets, but it is not that bad. I get a clear picture for photos and videos, but it is not that crisp. But it's good enough. My only real complaint is that viewing angles are poor.

Sound is pretty good for most things and the tablet connects easily with Bluetooth Speakers and headphones

Adding 3G is easy but I always seem to need to reboot the device to get it operational. It also sports à micro SD slot for you to store your media.

It is pretty speedy and responsive. I've not noticed any significant lag at all and everything I've thrown at it works well

Despite what was advertised, there is indeed 1GB of RAM with the ICS update and talking of updates, Archos is AMAZING in getting out fixes and updates on a regular basis. They put other better know companies to shame and is one of the reasons why I would consider buying another Archos Tablet in the future.

The Bad

OK, here are my two main gripes with this device and despite the positives above, would possibly prevent me from buying another Archos Tablet

1 Charging. Even with the dedicated charger, charging the device is painfully slow. I often get a notification that the Charging is slow and that I should use the dedicated charger, which is a no brainer.

2 Battery life is abysmal. I suppose at this price, you should not expect too much, but I resent having to charge the Tablet a few times a day. The drain is even more pronounced when using 3G, even when the screen brightness is turned right down.

It's a shame about the battery life, as otherwise, this is a superb device. If Archos can get decent battery life with decent specs in future tablets, then I would definitely buy from them again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2013 10:30 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4