Profile for KennyG > Reviews

KennyG

Dethalbum III [Explicit]
Dethalbum III [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, catchy and creative, 20 Sep 2013
Excellent album, Brendon Small is incredibly creative and this creation will have you jamming along throughout! Gene Hoglan the "the atomic clock" is just awesome! The technical rhythms he lays down is mesmerising and adds so much to Brendons creative and intense guitar work. Best of their albums by far!

Disarm The Descent (Special Edition)
Disarm The Descent (Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 9 Jun 2013
I think I know what you're thinking. I'd think it too. You probably think I am some hyper fan that is punting the album due to the presence of a strong bias in favour of the band. I won't deny that I am a fan and that I have listened to all of their albums and even Jesse's Times of Grace album. We all have subjective predilections and dispositions but like good Supreme Court judges we should be aware of our personal biases and try to factor these biases into (mostly out of) our judgments. On that note, I do think this is one of their best albums. The lyrics are inspirational and the music is, as always, technical and captivating. Sure it sounds like other Killswitch Engage albums, in the same way that Picasso paintings share similarities. You buy a bands' album because you like their style and you want to see what variations and branches they have added to their basic style and this album takes you on an eventful and exciting exploration. I am most amazed by Jesse's voice in this album. So much depth and variety! Thats what impresses me, but who is to say that you won't be entranced by something different? Go buy the album and enjoy the journey!