Profile for Ryuski > Reviews

Melissa & Doug Lacing Beads in a Box
Melissa & Doug Lacing Beads in a Box
Price: 12.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Fun, 7 Jan 2010
I bought this toy as a Christmas present for my 2 year old daughter. She initially enjoyed stacking the wooden shaped blocks into a tower, getting quite high too, before the knocking them over (the best bit in her opinion!). I showed her how to thread the shapes on to the laces, which she is starting to get the hang of and I can see the benefit of the different colours, shapes, numbers and counting dots in the future. My 4 year old son has also taken an interest in them and they actually play happily together. He threads the beads well to make a huge necklace! He can easily recognise the numbers and shapes and tries to encourage his sister also. A good educational toy for learning manipulative and cognitive skills, as well as sharing and having fun! The only downside as mentioned in previous reviews is the box has no lid. I tend to use cling film when not in use.

Cuckoo Alex Tub Tunes Water Flutes
Cuckoo Alex Tub Tunes Water Flutes
Price: 7.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy Bathtime Fun, 7 Jan 2010
This was a present from Father Christmas which has gone down really well at bathtime. My two children aged 2 and 4 have a great time making even more noise in the bath! My eldest enjoys trying to make the sound of a train whistle or alternatively whistling the tune to Jingle Bells (using one flute - it almost works!). My youngest hasn't really grasped the idea of blowing the top of the flute to make the noise so she tends to put her whole mouth over the top and "hums" into or tips it upside down and drinks the water instead! I've tried to tune the flutes properly to "make" the right notes which kind of work but the water drops out easily once I give them to the children to play. This doesn't detract from the fun! The flutes separate easily so both children can have a go at the same time and the blue foam holder holds them in place fairly reasonably. All in all good value.