Profile for L J A > Reviews

L J A "LJA" (UK)

Invisible - (RED) Edit
Invisible - (RED) Edit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great track and a very typical U2 song!, 9 Mar. 2014
I've been a fan of this band since the early 80's after their breakthrough and with their albums getting slightly better of the years they became my favourite band. (Although I now rank Coldplay as my joint fave band with them).

I first heard this new song played on the radio a few weeks ago without the DJ anouncing who it was and I instantly knew it was the new U2 song. I must admit I wasn't that taken with the first hearing of it and thought it was just 'ok' at best. However, like others have said, on hearing it a few more times I think it's a great song. I think it has a similar sound and 'feel' to their number 1 hit Beautiful Day.

As a long-standing U2 fan I'm also looking forward to the new album. I must say I was a little disappointed with No Line On The Horizon but that's only because the band had raised the bar so high in the past with all their previous albums! That said, it was a good album, just not a great one, and if I had God's powers, I would've made sure the song Magnificent was a world-wide smash number 1 hit because it's such a fantastic song. By far the best song on the album. It's a shame they didn't release that as the first song, as I reckon it would've gone down better than Get On Your Boots.

So, I really hope that this new song is typical of the whole new album and if it is, we should be in for treat. I can't wait.

Long live U2!

The Office - The Complete First Series [2001] [DVD]
The Office - The Complete First Series [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Gervais
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Feb. 2014
This is a great comedy sitcom and I think Ricky Gervais is so talented. He's a great standup comedian, writer, director and actor. I think everything he does is brilliant and I'm not jealous of him in any way! :-D

This was quite an original way to do a comedy sitcom and it was done in a great way with very funny and sometimes cringeworthy moments as well as having some moving moments at times. If you like Ricky Gervais and you've not seen this, where have you been!!? No, seriously, you must get it...and then get the second series afterwards! :-)

Remington HC365 Stylist Hair Clipper Set
Remington HC365 Stylist Hair Clipper Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 10 Feb. 2014
This does exactly what I want it to which is to keep my (head) hair as short as possible without actually using a razor blade. I use it on the shortest setting and it works a treat. It's always lasted for as long as I've needed it and when I've finished using it I just pop it back on charge overnight, then leave it in a cupboard for it's next use in around 10 days time. I had a similar one before which had to be plugged into the mains and I always found it a pain to have to get an extension cable out in order to use it!

Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Are Coldplay getting better?, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Mylo Xyloto (Audio CD)
Coldplay keep producing the goods and I always wonder with every new album, is this the one that's going to let them down. But no, this album is once again a brilliant album by a fantastic band, and in fact I think it is (just) their best one yet (which is no mean feat. How do you get better than A Rush of Blood, X&Y or Viva La Vida?). There are very very few bands out there today who can keep on producing their own brilliant songs like Coldplay can. I really can't think of any bad songs they've done and I like every song on every album to date! Admittedly, some songs aren't as good as others, but not one of them would fail to be a 'hit' in my top 40. Normally, any album will contain the odd mediocre song on it, but not Coldplay. Over recent years, I've lost a lot of interest in listening to current artists due to the lack of decent songs, so thank the lucky stars for Coldplay!! :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 5:09 PM BST

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends/Prospekt's March
Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends/Prospekt's March
Offered by iAlpha Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of brilliant!, 31 May 2010
Yes, put quite simply the album 'Viva La Vida' is absolutely brilliant and people who say otherwise have quite obviously not listened to it. Given that you get the latest EP 'Prospekt's March' in with the album for no extra is a total no-brainer! I purchased both of these on release, each for the full price and they are without doubt easily worth every penny. So the fact that you get both for the price of one is awesome. The video to 'Life in technicolor ii' is fantastic. If you haven't seen it, go and check it out. It's my favourite music video. :-)