Profile for Dr. J. B. Weitz > Reviews

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim
by Terry Hayes

1.0 out of 5 stars "I am pigeon", 13 April 2015
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Paperback)
Thank you all you 1 star reviewers. You have all finally made me realise life is too short to spend any more time finishing this book. Banal teenage American frat boy wish fulfilling guff. Where is the new Le carre or Deighton? Not here that's for sure.

Gurdjieff A Beginner's Guide: How Changing the Way We React to Misplacing Our Keys Can Transform Our Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Humble and illuminating, 4 Nov. 2012
I want to thank you for your generosity in writing this book. Through your humility something much bigger shines through.

Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within
by Janet Conner

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good concepts - very simplistic overall, 26 Aug. 2011
The idea of starting to journal simply by writing to something (your deepest self, god etc)and using questions and answers is a good one and some of the prompts later on in the book are good springboards to this. The bits about starting off - writing everything with no censorship, without worrying about mistakes are helpful but not new concepts.

I am afraid she lost my ability to take her seriously when she started talking about water taking on different structures due to positive energy. Also the idea that real inner spiritual work is synonymous with asking for x thousand pounds and getting it delivered on a plate. Overall quite simplistic - would recommend reading Jung for anyone serious about the inner world.