Profile for Ian Thomson > Reviews

Content by Ian Thomson

Ian Thomson "ian11641" (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Toshiba 22AV713B 22-inch Widescreen LCD TV with Freeview and HD Ready
Toshiba 22AV713B 22-inch Widescreen LCD TV with Freeview and HD Ready

1.0 out of 5 stars Known Fault, 26 Sep 2011
I bought this TV as a Xmas present for my in-laws, and initially they were delighted with it. However, it started to switch itself on at 2am from time to time. They switched it off at the wall every night to avoid this unwanted disturbance, but once I found out I insisted it was replaced. It was changed over relatively quickly, however the replacement had no remote and no manual, and on the very first night it switched itself on at 2am! I've now asked for the TV to be picked up and all money refunded. As this seems to be a known fault how is it that they continue to despatch these TV's???

Way To Normal
Way To Normal
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmh..........not as good as previous work, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: Way To Normal (Audio CD)
I have listened to all of Ben Folds previous work, and was extremely anxious to get a copy of his latest album. However, whereas "Songs for Silverman" sounds like he took his time in producing an excellent album with almost all of the tracks good to excellent, "Way to Normal" sounds like Ben hasn't really tried too hard and as a result there are mediocre tracks mixed in with some good efforts. I probably haven't listened enough yet, but I would estimate that there are really only about 4 tracks that are up to his normal high standard. Overall a bit disappointing given the time between the last album and this, I really expected more of a man with such talent.

Shooting At The Sun
Shooting At The Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Shooting on all cylinders!, 10 April 2003
This review is from: Shooting At The Sun (Audio CD)
It's great news that "Thunder" are back up and running again, but I was apprehensive as to what the new album would be like after a couple of years off. I was not dissapointed, from the first chord on the first track, I realised this was going to be a classic. Their sheer power mixed with musicality provide a unique blend which must be up there with the greats of Deep Purple, Led Zep, etc.
Not only can they rock, but their slow more bluesy numbers are arranged with taste, and subtleness that I have not found in any other rock band of the last decade.
In short, this album is as good as anything else they have come up with, I only hope that they can reach the mainstream rock audience as their talent is undisputable.