Profile for Melissa K. > Reviews

Melissa K.

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: The Plan [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 13 Dec 2012
This was worth watching to see some events from the Cylon's perspective. Definitely left me wanting more....I'm off to buy Caprica now, even though the general consensus seems to be that it isn't anywhere near BSG quality.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV show ever, 13 Dec 2012
Another epic season of BSG, not much more to say. If you loved the first 3 seasons, this will not disappoint!

Pair of Ivory Glitter Hair Flower Clips With Feather Trim - Reduced to Clear - Sale

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 13 Dec 2012
I bought these as a possible hair accessory for my wedding, but they ended up being tacky. The fabric felt cheap and rough, the pearly bits in the middle were ugly, and the all the glitter fell off immediately after I opened the package. These might have been ok for a high school dance, but are certainly not nice enough for a bride.

Battlestar Galactica - The Final Season (Season 4, Part Two) [DVD] [2009]
Battlestar Galactica - The Final Season (Season 4, Part Two) [DVD] [2009]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV show ever., 13 Dec 2012
A fantastic conclusion to what is quite possibly the best show ever made for television. And I'm not even a sci-fi fan!

White Organza Flower Pearl and Crystal Centre Hair Grip Clip Slide Pin
White Organza Flower Pearl and Crystal Centre Hair Grip Clip Slide Pin

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a bride!, 13 Dec 2012
I bought these to wear on my wedding day as an alternative to the ridiculously over-priced hair accessories sold for brides. I assumed that because they were such a good bargain I wouldn't love them....but I did! They were simple yet classy, and were exactly what I was looking for. I thought the fabric might feel a bit cheap, but it was nice and smooth and laid nicely in my hair. They have two little pearls and one diamante in the middle, which are dainty and sparkly. I bought three because they were a bit small, and they looked fantastic in a small bunch. I was 100% pleased with these and would recommend them for anyone looking for something small and pretty!

Peach Pashmina
Peach Pashmina

3.0 out of 5 stars Color was WAY off, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: Peach Pashmina (Apparel)
The pashminas were delivered quickly, but when they got here the color was completely different from the picture. This was a complaint other customers had as well, so I wasn't surprised that it wasn't what I wanted. They were too cheap to make it worthwhile to return or exchange. Price was excellent and they are a nice size and very soft, but color was wrong - so you get what you pay for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2012 3:06 PM GMT

Pewter Quaich, the 'Loving Cup' inlaid with Scottish Semi-Precious Gemstones
Pewter Quaich, the 'Loving Cup' inlaid with Scottish Semi-Precious Gemstones

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Wedding Gift, 25 Jun 2011
I got this as a wedding gift for an American friend and she absolutely loved it. The quaich arrived within days after purchasing it and was almost exactly like it is in the picture. My only complaint is that the stones are just a tad cheap looking. Overall I would say it's worth the money I paid for it and I would recommend it to others who want to buy a quaich, but don't want to spend £60 on it.