Profile for Mark Bertenshaw > Reviews

Content by Mark Bertenshaw

Mark Bertenshaw (Kingston upon Thames, SURREY United Kingdom)

Daybreak (Battlestar Galactica)
Daybreak (Battlestar Galactica)
by Ronald Cohn Jesse Russell

1.0 out of 5 stars Stunning rip-off. Don't touch!, 28 Feb 2014
This is yet another auto-generated publishing on demand book sourced from Wikipedia articles about Battlestar Galactica. Don't let these people get your money!

The War We Never Fought
The War We Never Fought
by Peter Hitchens
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A Winning Argument, 29 Mar 2013
Whilst it is obvious that Mr. Hitchens' personal morality is the spur for writing this book, what strikes me most is that the majority of this book is pure investigative journalism (remember that?). Like most of my generation (I'm 41), I had bought into the concept that Cannabis is a harmless drug - and generally a bit of fun. Hitchens explains in forensic detail how we have come to this point, and why, for the good of the whole of society, we should have never let it happen.

There are a very few places where I can't agree with him, such as his unintentionally funny obsession with the evils of "rock" music (yes, he does use the quotations). However where he presents the facts rather than his feelings, he conclusively wins the case that there has been no "war on drugs" in the UK.

eSecure High Speed All-in-1 USB Card Reader for all Digital Memory Cards
eSecure High Speed All-in-1 USB Card Reader for all Digital Memory Cards
Offered by eSecure
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and a little nasty, 30 Mar 2012
You pays for what you get. This is a poor product - a single board contained in a flimsy plastic shell, but well worth the money at this price. I have only used the micro SD, SD and memory stick pro slots, and they seemed to work fine, once you had seated the card correctly (not that easy for the micro SD card). There are no instructions as to its use, and it is easy to make a mistake, requiring you to fish out your card with tweezers.

Note, it might not be obvious, but you can only use one card at a time. If you try to use more than one slot, it doesn't work.