Profile for fw > Reviews

Content by fw

fw "fw" (Leicester, England)

HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Printer
HP Deskjet 1510 All-In-One Printer
Offered by Ryman Stationery and Office Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Software installation issues., 14 April 2014
Print quality is very good, but I had terrible trouble getting the software installed. Eventually I had advice from a technician. The software finally came from the website rather than the supplied CD.
To get the printer to work I had to use the services of HP via an "online chat." In retrospect I may not have followed the instructions entirely correctly, but then I didn't understand what they were saying at one point, even though I am a long time computer user and reasonably intelligent.

Men's Luxury Heavyweight Blue Castle Zip Front Boiler Suit - Work Overalls (44" Chest, Navy Blue)
Offered by wholesale workwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Size information, 14 April 2014
I wanted a boiler suit which I could wear over a sweater. Having read other comments I chose a size one larger than my jackets. Unfortunately the item sent was still too small, so I went up a further size. The fit is OK, not generous.
The material is not as substantial as the one I have had for many years, (50+), but I am not expecting this to have heavy use. This one has a zip fastening rather than the buttons I was used too, as stated in the description.
The return service from the supplier was quick, but I did have to pay postage on the return and for the replacement item.

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs (2 Disc Platinum Edition) [DVD]
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs (2 Disc Platinum Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adriana Caselotti
Offered by THE PERFECT CHOICE

4.0 out of 5 stars The Original, 22 Aug 2013
This is the original cartoon, which is let down by its sound quality, particularly Snow White herself. However my grand-daughter loved it.

Milton Jones - Live Universe Tour - Part 1 - Earth [DVD] [2009]
Milton Jones - Live Universe Tour - Part 1 - Earth [DVD] [2009]

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 23 Feb 2011
I found the show to rather repetitive. It's probably better to see Milton in "Mock the Week" than to buy this DVD unless you are a big fan.

Brita Elemaris Water Filter Jug. Cool White. One Maxtra cartridge included.
Brita Elemaris Water Filter Jug. Cool White. One Maxtra cartridge included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean teapot, 23 Feb 2011
Using this product we now rarely have to clean the teapot as the scale is no longer present. Presumably the same applies to our stomachs! The indicator shows when the filter needs replacing, but in practice it will work for a while longer. When the scale starts to re-appear that's when it gets changed. Filters are pricey, so watch out for special offers.

MHP® Windows 7 window 8 Vista XP USB 2.0 Data Link Transfer Cable
MHP® Windows 7 window 8 Vista XP USB 2.0 Data Link Transfer Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars XP to Windows7, 21 Jan 2011
I bought this cable to transfer data and settings from my XP computer to my Windows 7 machine. The included software interfered with the Windows Easy Transfer program and transfer was not possible. The packaging only quotes Vista. Did I make a mistake or is the description inaccurate?

Wellington Bomber
Wellington Bomber
by Chaz Bowyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed view of the Wellington's operational service, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Wellington Bomber (Hardcover)
The book traces the technical origins and development of the Wellington in the first 54 pages. The remaining 200+ pages detail operations, squadrons, bases, and wartime statistics of production and deliveries to the RAF, plus bombing facts, U-boat kills etc. There are 150 photographs of a fairly repetitive nature. I would have prefered more of the technical origins etc., and less of the operational detail. However, the fly sheet does say accurately what the book contains, so I shouldn't complain.

Sprayway Compact Jacket, Black - Large
Sprayway Compact Jacket, Black - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits my requirements., 15 Jun 2010
This review is from: Sprayway Compact Jacket (Misc.)
I was looking for a reasonably priced lightweight waterproof jacket for everyday wear. It had to have pockets, preferably inside for wallet etc. and a two-way zip for sitting down without straining the material. The jacket meets all of these requirements, result a happy user.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2010 10:58 PM GMT

Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4, 5 & 6 'Pathetique'
Tchaikovsky: Symphonies 4, 5 & 6 'Pathetique'
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Symphony split over 2 CDs, 22 Dec 2009
The performances were fine, but it is awkward that Symphony No 5 is split over 2 Cds,i.e. movements 1 & 2 on Cd 1, and 3 & 4 on Cd 2. It does rather break the continuity!