Profile for N. Roberts > Reviews

Content by N. Roberts

N. Roberts "Dimplez" (London, UK)

Gazebo / Marquee / Patio Globe Lights - Set of 6
Gazebo / Marquee / Patio Globe Lights - Set of 6
Offered by Esc Europe Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but unreliable, 25 Oct. 2015
I bought these in January for my daughters bday party and on the night 4 out of the 6 worked. I thought it might be a bulb issue, however I didn't need to use it again until August when we went camping. This time only one would work. I bought all new bulbs and still no joy.

It's would have been great if they worked but I've had no sucess.

Api Quick Start 237ml
Api Quick Start 237ml
Offered by FishAround Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars came quickly and fish are still alive and happy., 25 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Api Quick Start 237ml (Misc.)
Does what it says, came quickly and fish are still alive and happy.

(Purple) BlackBerry Q5, Q10, 9720 Universal 12v Rapid Mini Bullet USB Dual Port In Car Charger & Micro USB Flat 1 Metre Data Snyc PC Laptop Charging Cable Exclusive To Spyrox
Offered by Spyrox

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 25 Aug. 2015
Chose this brightly coloured lead, however while the charger works sporadically if jiggled the lead only worked once. Really disappointed with this purchase, waste of money.

Wayzon Quality Hot Pink Strong Nylon Braided Unbrakable High Speed Sync Micro USB Data Cable Lead Charger For BlackBerry Q10 / Storm 9500 / 9530 / Storm2 9520 / 9550
Offered by Wayzon

1.0 out of 5 stars I was really happy at first with this long lead, 25 Aug. 2015
I was really happy at first with this long lead, however it stopped working after a few uses. I received the "device unsupported message" I contacted the seller to advise of this and received no response. Waste of money for me.

The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, Book 11)
The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, Book 11)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 4 Dec. 2014
As usual Gena Showalter has delivered. I love the Lords of Underworld series and Keeley was a fantastic character who matches Torin perfectly. The story keeps on developing and while I couldn't put the book down, at the same time I didn't want it to finish. Looking forward to seeing how Galen and Legion work out as well as Cameo and Lazarus. Can't wait for the next book, they need to be coming more often!

Reaver: Number 6 in series (Lords of Deliverance Book 5)
Reaver: Number 6 in series (Lords of Deliverance Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 18 Dec. 2013
Larissa Ione has done it again! We have got to know Harvester and Reaver throughout the other books and their story was overdue.

The chemistry between them and the twists in the storyline had me captivated. I waited with baited breath for this to come out and read it in one sitting.

I can't wait to read Revenants story, do I really have to wait a whole year :-(

No Mercy
No Mercy
by Sherrilyn Kenyon

5.0 out of 5 stars No Mercy - Sherrilyn Kenyon, 17 Nov. 2010
This review is from: No Mercy (Paperback)
I love the Dark Hunter series and this was not a disappointment.

Samia is a fantastic female character and a strong dark hunter who is confident and fun character. She is great fighter, confident in her sexuality and the depths of her personality make for an interesting read.

Dev is a Peltier brother and a fun, multi-faceted character who adds depth to this story. He and Samia make a great couple and the twists and turns in this story make a page turning read, that defied me to put it down.

Nick Gautier is his usual charming self and we are left wondering what he will become and when his story is due to be told. The war between the Stryker and the Dark Hunters is stepping up and it looks like the upcoming books will be interesting.

The Long Song
The Long Song
by Andrea Levy

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read, 12 April 2010
This review is from: The Long Song (Hardcover)
My friends and I recently started a book club and this was the first book that was chosen. I must admit that I had my reservations about reading another Andrea Levy, as I read Small Island and whilst I enjoyed the actual story I find her style of writing difficult to read.

The Long Song first flaw for me is that it is narrated by the main character of the book, Miss July and she interupts that story on a regular basis with her present day comments.

The story itself was interesting and there were a few key moments that had the potential to be really moving, but the story was not detailed enough. The only reason I perserved with completing this book was because this was our first book of the club, otherwise this would have been relegated to a pile somewhere.

I am really disappointed that certain aspects of the storyline were not explored in greater death and as a result I found it hard to truly empathise with any of the characters.

There were some key elements touched upon, such as the slave mentality that they needed to aspire to be white and the whole quadroon and mulatto issue was highlighted quite skillfully.

This book had the potential to be so much more, but the general consensus of myself and my friends was that this was not a book that we would be recommending, although the member that chose it was a little less critical.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2010 11:59 PM BST