Profile for Max > Reviews

Content by Max

Max (CHELMSFORD, Essex United Kingdom)

Sony RDR-GX3 DVD Recorder
Sony RDR-GX3 DVD Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality! But it is a Sony!, 26 April 2004
I eventually ended up with one of these machines after my Philips 880(grrr!) broke in 9 months - as they all do it would seem. I should havepaid a bit more and got a Sony in the first place. I've bought their kitfor years and have NEVER had a faulty machine from Sony. Just theopposite. Their kit is like the Duracell bunny, just goes on and on andon... This machine is fantastic. The Philips felt very light and nondurable. When you pull the Sony out of its box you are instantly struckby its solidity, weight and overall engineering excellence. In fact, ifit was a car it would be an old Mercedes 190. Overengineered and built tooutlive its owner! I cannot recommend the GX3 highly enough. If you're inthe market for a DVD recorder then buy it. You will NOT be disappointed. As for those with masochistic tendencies who like pain and hassle then buya Philips machine!

Philips DVDR880 DVD Recorder
Philips DVDR880 DVD Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it!!, 26 April 2004
Whatever you do do NOT buy one of these machines. Only accept it if it isfree. Acutally, don't bother even if it is - and I'm not joking. I boughtone of these and lasted 9 months before the usual problems set in. Thatis, basically, it stopped working with continual no disc errors no matterwhether the disc was a commercial film or a blank disk. Absolute garbage!I insisted the shop swap it for a Sony after Philips "mended" it and itcame back with a PCB floating around inside it. I will NEVER buy anotherPhilips product as long as I live. Their products are utter dross! Oh,and their after sales "care" is even worse. Basically when I reported allthe problems they more or less told me I was lying! Astounding! I wouldhave given this 0 stars but the lowest you can award is 1 star.

Alice in Wonderland and the World Trade Center Disaster: Why the Official Story of 9/11 is a Monumental Lie
by David Icke

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is Dubya blocking the FBI?, 19 Aug 2003
I read this book from cover to cover. Very carefully. Also very slowly for two reasons: 1 - the facts come so tightly packed that I wanted to ensure I did not miss even one of them. 2 - It is such a fascinating, mind expanding read, that every word counted. Unputdownable. Readers of other of David's books may be a little surprised. Aside from the first 20 odd pages, and a small number at the end, this book deals solely, exclusively and ONLY with publicly documented facts. Sure, David's other books are also a mine of solid, researchable facts but this book is a definite departure from "The Biggest Secret." Unlike that book there is very little personal musings here. He attacks his subjects (and the acknowledged "facts" ie. the officially sanctioned ones) like a pit bull and then, with disarming ease, rips apart the official story. Again, solely with facts, figures, names and dates. All of which is available for all to view given a little time and research. From the first moment I saw the WTC collapsing there was always a slight feeling of misgiving about the whole affair. Somethind was "out of whack" with the media story, if you will. Now I know what it was. WE WERE ALL LIED TO. On a massive scale. Don't believe me? Well, if you have only ever been exposed to the "official story" then I don't blame you. But if you take the trouble to read this book you will know that there is something VERY peculiar surrounding the events of 911. After all, why would Dubya block every effort by those agents in the FBI and CIA who still have some integrity into investigating 911. And that is true. After all, if not where is the report on what happened? This is not conspriracy theory, just do your own research into a few basic facts of physics. A good starting place would be the maximum burning temperature of jet fuel and the temperature at which steel melts. As the old saying goes, the devil lies in the detail. Read it and I'd be willing to bet money that your view of the world will never be the same again. Oh, and by the way, as David often says, don't take his word for anything. Once you have read the book then do your own research. I did, to double check much of what he said. So far the only holes I have found have been in the "official story." Actually, they're not holes. They're mammoth tunnel entrances thorugh which an entire fleet of trucks could be driven through. And I meant that quite literally.