Profile for howiegraeme > Reviews

Content by howiegraeme

howiegraeme

Kubik Roca 4GB 2.8" Touch Screen MP3 & Video Player with Built-in 2.0 MP Camera & YouTube Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Kubik Roca 4GB 2.8" Touch Screen MP3 & Video Player with Built-in 3.0 MP Camera & YouTube Player, 25 Jan 2012
I bought this for my eight year old daughter as I didn't want to run the risk of investing in an ipod as she would probably drop itdown the loo or something inane.
It arrived as promised and charged very quickly withn the supplied accsssories. I'm not a sucker for instructions at the best of times so I plunged straight in and we both found it very easy to navigate the screen. The music was duly downloaded onto it and although the sound is adequate through the supplied headphones, I would recommend a beafier bass pair of earphones to help it along. As far as value of money is concerened it truly is excellent value and a great starter mp3 player for someone younger in the family and I would fully recomend it.
PS Battery life is also impressive as is the recharge time.

Tim Minchin and The Heritage Orchestra - Live at The Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Tim Minchin and The Heritage Orchestra - Live at The Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Minchin
Price: 7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Tim Minchin & the heritage orchestra DVD, 19 Nov 2011
A tad disappointed in this DVD- please don't jump on me yet till I've finished. The Audio and video is excellent and Tim himself is untouchable. I just find the audience reaction a bit dead. The guys material is sublime and the orchestration superb, but I also have the CD of the same which was recorded at the Manchester arena and the set is the same, but the audience reaction is much better- you can actually hear them roaring in the aisles I can't understand if this is down to the mixing of the DVD at source of if the audience at the RAH are just a bit slow to reactand get in the swing of things?

I've also seen the original recording with the Sydney Symphony in Australia and it is by far the best concert, but it was only broadcast in Australia.

Tim is a genius- but I think this DVD lets the side down a bit and I would plump for the CD recording of the show in Manchester over the DVD from the Albert Hall if I had the choice again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 1:32 PM GMT